Welcome to the August 2016 Monthly Income Report for AliRaza.co. This is the 11th Monthly Progress Report of this Blog. The purpose of Monthly report is to review the amount of work I do every month, along with website, social media and subscribers statistics. In other words, I critique the performance of myself and my blog every month to see where i’m standing.
In case if you have missed the old reports, you can check them via :
- July 2016 Monthly Income Report
- June 2016 Monthly Income Report
- May 2016 Monthly Income Report
- Legitimate ways to make money online without any money
Or Click here to see all the monthly reports.
Major Changes on the Website /Improving UI:
As with every month, i try to improve the User Experience on my website through different techniques. Since it means improving user experience which also technically means with increasing engagement with your audience.
This month, I added a plugin to see the Last Updated Date with every post. There are number of benefits of doing it, firstly it helps me remember to know when i updated it last and it also helps the user’s to see how updated the information is. I also suggest everyone to add it on their website, it’s a great plugin to use. With the addition of this new plugin, You can expect to see more older articles being updated frequently. I also feel this will help me in SERP’s as well.
Posts Created In The Month of August, 2016.
In the Month of July, 2016. I was able to write 4 blog posts and updated 1 old post.
July Monthly Report was the regular monthly report last month, where i discussed the usual strategies, website tweaking, along with traffic, stats and revenue details. I hope everyone is aware of what i do cover, but this report has some insights on backup, so do check it, if you haven’t still.
The second article was exclusively for women and ladies, specially if you are a mother and running a successful/trying to run a successful business online. I have highlighted various strategies through which you can run a successful digital marketing campaign while being a mompreneur. This article also highlights a story of a successful mom.
TinyRanker is an awesome SEO tool which helps you with tracking your and your competitors keyword rankings, it also helps you with on-page seo, let’s you track changes, do keyword analysis and much more. The article also have step by step instructions on running the tool.
For all bloggers, let me tell them that there is a life without affiliate marketing, private ads and Adsense! and Yes it’s TRUE! tired of being banned from Adsense or looking for other ways to generate revenue from your blog, do checkout this blog because it CLEARLY explains you simple ways to earn online from your blog without ads and affiliate marketing!
This post was originally written last year back in August 2015, however i made several changes to it. Now this post covers, why do you need to run facebook ads for your business, basic elements and strategies on how to run a successful facebook advertising campaign. I have also added Frequently asked questions related to facebook, do let me know if i’m missing something.
Learn different ways i have discovered to generate online money. Do checkout the article, I have explained many ways you can use. I also tried to discuss some case studies on earning money online.
Traffic Statistics :
Analysing the Traffic Statistics is a great way to measure how does your blog perform as compared to last month. I do this every month to see where I’m standing. If you are not doing this activity yet, I suggest you to start critiquing your web statistics, as it’s a great way to find out, how you are performing. If you have just started your blogging venture, then rather focusing on earnings, your core focus should be on traffic stats, having more subscribers over Email and Social media.
Here are the traffic stats for the Month of July, I received a total of 2403 number of unique visitors, 3130 Sessions and 5478 Page Views. For a quick revision, the number was standing at 2637 Unique Visitors with 3372 Sessions Last Month.
If you are struggling to get traffic and looking for ways to increase your website traffic, do checkout different ways to get more traffic to your website or blog.
Let’s have a comparison with Last Month (August vs July):
Let’s have a look on the traffic sources to get an idea on what are the top traffic acquisition sources for this blog in the month of July.
Comparison with the Month of August 2016.
Major Observations in Traffic :
- Traffic is slightly dropped however average session duration, page session duration and bounce rate improved.
- Social Media is still the main source of traffic aquisition however it is decreased by 21% so it means i need to be more active on social media.
- Search engine traffic saw a huge increase by as much as by 48%. The total number of visitors from search were 601, the highest ever.
If you are searching for ways on how you can increase traffic, then checkout my post on ‘How To Increase Traffic to Your Blog‘.
Most Visited Pages in August 2016 :
- The July Monthly Income Report won the show!
- The SEO Roundup for Best SEO Advices still got solid views this month.
- How To Make Money with Blog without Ads and Affiliate Marketing? got the 3rd spot!
Let’s have a look on the subscribers to find and analyze where I’m standing as compared to last month. If you are going to start blogging, then forget earnings and this is the place you need to target in. Forget Income, Focus Subscribers, this should be your ultimate goal with blogging.
Facebook – 3581 (Last Month, I was at 3561.) +20 This Month.
Google Plus – 309 Followers (Last Month I had 276 Followers) – +33 This Month.
Twitter – 451 Followers. (Last Month i had 441 Followers) – +10 This Month.
The stats and increase are pretty okay, I was expecting a little more since the roundup went viral, however i hope things will even go better next month.
Social Media Traffic
Let’s have a look on the traffic I received from Social Media Traffic, last month in July.
Major Observations Regarding Social Media Traffic
There is no major observations in this section, however general observation is as follows
- Facebook won the show again with 94% of Social Media traffic coming through it.
- Twitter came to second.
Mentions & Interviews:
In July, I was being mentioned at four different places.
First of all, I was mentioned at Matthew WoodWard Income Round up. Thanks for mentioning my blog report.
Abdul Wali mentioned me in Top 10 Popular Bloggers of Pakistan. I really appreciate the gesture, thank you!
Moving on, Gautam mentioned me in TOP 25 White Hat SEO Bloggers Worth Reading. Thank you Gautam for the gesture!
Lastly, Hussain mentioned me in TOP 54 SEO Quotes of 2016. Thanks Hussain for adding my quote!
If you want to feature my opinion on your roundup or if you want to take an interview, do contact me.
Featured Question :
If you have a question to ask from me, You can contact me via the form and I will be happy to feature it on my website.
Please note that, I prefer featuring such questions which are not a particular niche oriented and can help wider audience.
This month the question was on PPC (Pay Per Click), an area which i mostly work in.
Question : I’m Spending alot and alot money with Adwords but still loosing on revenue side? I’m working in the gaming industry, so can you help me with it?
Answer : Adwords is a top notch online advertising platform which everyone know’s about it, but it takes alot of planning and strategy to come up with an advertising formula through which you can beat your competitors.
- First thing i would like to suggest is that you need to calculate your costs by doing competitor analysis. Usually, lower cpc works well in gaming industry.
- You need to define your goals, are you doing email marketing first and then converting it user the later or do you have a direct converting offer on landing page? this is very important and will also help you in determining your estimated cpc and budget.
- You also need to properly work with analytics to observe, what kind of timings are peak hours for your business, what kind of ads your visitors like, what kind of keywords aren’t working for you, Adwords isn’t an easy game but if you spend some time playing with it, you will get to know where y0u are loosing, the main thing is critique, evaluate and improve!
- A part from attractive ads, you need to see if you are losing something on your landing page, probably you can create more variants of your landing page and do an a/b testing to see which kind of page is working well.
- Obviously, evaluating an Adwords campaign requires much more data to see, but with the given data, I can conclude the above options. If you are looking for a deeper audit, you can reach me today.
Recommended Readings :
- Google Adwords Case Study
- Quickly Optimize Adwords with these 10 strategies
- Google Adwords Secret Guide
Hope I have answered your query!
Finally we are on to the income segment.Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep earnings of that agency, separate. The results for different affiliate programs are as follow’s .
- Long tail pro (See My Review) – $o Revenue
- Bluehost (See my How to start a blog tutorial – Blogging Series) – $65 Revenue (Bounty Per Signup Increased to $120 – Hurray)
- SEMRush (See My Review) – $55.96 Revenue
- ThemeForest – $o Revenue
- Elegant Themes – $o Revenue
- Sparkol – $0 Revenue
- NinjaReach – $0 Revenue
- Shopify – 1 Signup – Revenue Yet Pending.
- Buzz Bundle – $0 Revenue
- Consultation – $250 Revenue
- Freelancing – $200 Revenue.
- Other Income – $50 Revenue
If you are looking for ways for earning money via your blog, then checkout my How To Earn Money From Blogging Post!
Bluehost has increased my per sale signup earning to $120 for which, i’m happy. This month the addition is with other income, which i earned through my blog but i won’t mention through which way I earned it, if you can guess it, do post it in the comments section and we will see. 😉
Consultation Earnings :
This month, consultation revenue improved to $250. Thank you everyone for your trust. Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep their earnings separate even if that is of just consultancy.
However, just to let everyone know, I can help you with following services :
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaign Setup/Management
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaigns Auditing
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Account Suspension (Many people contact me regarding this so make sure to check my How to Fix an Google Adwords Suspended Account? article.)
- SEO Services
- Social Media Campaigns
- Branding Services which Includes Brand Positioning, Segmentation & Awareness.
- Re-marketing Services
- CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization Services
- Web Analytics and Tracking
- White Label Solutions
- Digital Marketing Training Event at Your Location.
Please contact me though for further details.
Freelancing, freelancing and freelancing. Most of the people were of the view that why i have started freelancing when you are already running a digital marketing agency. The answer to that is that freelancing helps me to remember from where i started everything. It’s a great learning, more then earning, the learning process when you work as a freelancer and as a digital marketing agency head, both are different things.
This month, I was able to earn $200 from freelancing services, the fact is that I have to manage an agency as well , so time is little but this is a positive trend from the last month.
This month, there were no specific expenses.
Total Income :
The total income will be $65 + $55.96 + $250 + $200 + $50 = $620.96.
P.S. Just for a re-cap, it was $447.96 last month, so it’s a positive trend again!
Last month goals checkup :
Goal Checkups are some sort of motivation for me. I keep a check every month to see what I’m doing with my blog. Last month, I had few goals for July, Let’s see how much successful I was on them.
- I have a plan to write approx, 4 posts this month, since I will be working on old posts as well. Glad to know i was able to pass them. [PASSED]
- More Blog Comments. I was able to do it, but still i feel i need to be more active with relative bloggers. [PASSED]
- Working on 5 old posts every month. I was able to just edit only 1 old post. [FAILED]
Plans for September 2016.
- For September, I have plans to write somewhere between 4 to 5 posts.
- This month again, I will be working on more blog comments.
- I’m also planning to launch a separate page through which you can schedule a consulting session with me.
- I’m planning to invite few bloggers for doing a guest post on my blog, so you will see some good bloggers posting on my site, this September.
- Wish me a best of luck in all these things, thank you.
Guest Post Invitation :
As always, I welcome guest writers to post quality posts on my blog. If you have something to share with my audience, then you are welcome to reach me to discuss on it. Make sure, Your content needs to have a top notch quality. If you also want me to write on a specific topic, do let me know. =)
‘Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish’ – Steve Jobs. The success lie’s in continuous improvement, learning out new things, testing and never getting satisfied with what you have. Goals are made to be broken, I know i will break some goals tomorrow but then I will create new goals too and thats how you remain motivated.
Anyway, How was the blog report for the month of August, 2o16? As always, I’m open to criticism, what are your thoughts on my blogging strategy? Did i miss something? What do you want me to add in my monthly reports article? Every appraisal and criticism is welcome here, please do comment on what you think.
If you are interested in starting a blog for your own or you want to have an online presence, or you as a company want’s to engage your audience with a blog, why don’t you have a look on my tutorial for a complete blogging series which will help you to start your blog in just 15 minutes for a fairly cheap price (the low price is only through my link), For your information, if you will buy 12 months of blog hosting via my Bluehost link you are going to get 1 free domain as well, and the cost is going to be dirt cheap at annual package and it’s fairly easy to earn money from blogging too if you have a self hosted blog and you know how to monetize it well, also if you have bought it from my link and still having troubles, then reach me for a FREE setup, Good luck!
Last updated date waala plugin