Welcome to the February 2016 Monthly Income Report. This is the 5th Monthly Progress Report of the Blog. Each Month, I try to cover to various things in my monthly reports such as No. of Blog Posts I have written in last month, How much traffic I received last month?, What are the top 10 posts which received the highest visitors last month, what are the top visitor acquisition channel and other things. In case if you have missed the previous reports, you can check out the old Reports :
- January 2016 Monthly Income Report
- December 2015 Monthly Income Report
- November 2015 Monthly Income Report
Moving Forward, In the Month of February 2016, I have written 6 posts which are as follows :
January Monthly Report was the regular monthly report last month, where i discussed the usual strategies, along with traffic, stats and revenue details.
This review took me a week to write but it payed off in terms of appreciation from the audience, I’m glad that people liked it. This review covered some insights of the tool along with how to use it properly to take the maximum advantage, obviously nothing is perfect so i tried to cover both sides.
This article is for all business owners, or who are going to start their business and do not have a business website yet. I tried to discuss different platforms on which you can start your website along with few tips and tricks. Additionally I also recommend you to checkout my blogging series.
We all know the value of Email marketing and how important it is for your business. In the marketing world, it is known as one of the finest ways for prospect engagement and customer acquisition. Either if you don’t believe in it or if you are looking to start growing your email list, then this article is a must read for you.
Ahmad is a guest blogger and always do a great job in helping my audience. Last month he wrote about the blogging mistakes which all newbie bloggers do (even professionals have them sometimes) and what are the solutions to cope with them. If you are going to start blogging, then this you shouldn’t miss this post.
This was the most viral post on twitter yet from my blog, thank you everyone for re-tweeting and sharing it. In this post, I asked more then 20 professionals on what are there best tools for Keyword research. Hopefully you enjoyed reading it!
Major Changes on the Website :
As with every month, I’m committed to improve the user experience of my website and thats the reason, every month I do some changes.
- Last month, our header color was blue and the logo wasn’t looking good with it, so I have changed it to silver, do let me know how is it.
- I have increased the title font size, let me know if it’s looking cool or not! =)
- Previously all the posts can be seen on the main however now only summary of the posts will be shown.
Traffic Stats :
Analyzing traffic statistics is a great way to measure your blog or website performance. I do it every month to see where I’m standing.
Here are the traffic stats for the Month of February, I received a total of 1761 number of unique visitors and 2404 Sessions in the last month. For a revision, the number was standing at 1704 Unique Visitors with 2345 Sessions Last Month.
Let’s have a comparison with January 2016 :
Let’s have a look on the traffic sources to get an idea on what are the top traffic acquisition sources for this blog.
Comparison with the Month of January 2016.
Let’s have a look with a comparison on how we performed in the Month of January, 2016 as compared to February 2016.
Major Observations in Traffic :
- Traffic increased slightly this month, everything looks on green side, which is a nice indication.
- The organic and referral traffic has been increased greatly, which is a nice move, i made a goal to receive 250 organic visitors this month, thankfully i got 273 organic queries.
- The decline in Social Media traffic needs to be considered seriously, since it’s 15% decline.
- The 20+ Experts Reveal Best Keyword Research Tool article stole the show, the January Income report came at 2nd and The Beginner’s guide to Make Money Online in 2016 came at 3rd.
Let’s have a look on the subscribers to find and analyze where I’m standing as compared to last month. If you are going to start blogging, then forget earnings and this is the place you need to target in. Forget Income, Focus Subscribers, this should be your ultimate goal with blogging.
Mail Chimp – 200 Subscribers (Last Month I had 190 Subscribers). +10 This Month.
Facebook – 3300 (Last Month, they were 3150, a strong increase is a result of Facebook Advertising Campaign which i will discuss below.) +150 This Month.
Google Plus – 188 Followers (Last Month I had 171 Followers) – +17 This Month.
Twitter – 490 Followers. (Last Month i had 124 Followers) – +366 This Month.
Pinterest – 294 Followers (Last Month I had 278 Followers) - +16 This Month.
Let’s have a look on the traffic I received from Social Media Traffic, last month.
Major Observations Regarding Social Media Traffic
- In terms of Followers, Twitter has seen a great increase, so this is a positive move, I hope the trend stays like this.
- As far as the visitors are concerned, Facebook is still the most dominating Social media channel for my blog.
- Likewise the followers, Visitors from Twitter have been increased tremendously.
- Reddit is a newcomer here.
I’m recently been featured at Passive Income – Favorite Bloggers. Thanks Francisco for that, I really appreciate.
As far as the income section is concerned, The results for different programs are as follow’s .
- Long tail pro (See My Review) – $o Revenue
- Bluehost (See my How to start a blog tutorial – Blogging Series) – $0 Revenue
- SEMRush (See My Review) – $27.98 Revenue
- ThemeForest – $o Revenue
- Elegant Themes – $o Revenue
- Consultation – $250 Revenue
Finally there was a conversion for SEMRush, (Someone has signed up on recurring plan, so I’m expecting recurring revenue here, hopefully he stays as recurring.)
Bluehost, which has been working as the top affiliate program for me from the last two months or say, unfortunately didn’t bring out any sales for me, I hope the situation goes well next month, as I’m planning to write more articles on blogging.
Consultation Earnings :
This month, I have earned a total of $250 from Digital Marketing Customers which i got through this blog.
Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep their earnings separate.
However, just to let everyone know, I can help you with following services :
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaign Setup/Management
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaigns Auditing
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Account Suspension (Remember to check my How to Fix an Google Adwords Suspended Account? article.)
- SEO Services
- Social Media Campaigns
- Branding Services which Includes Brand Positioning, Segmentation & Awareness.
- Re-marketing Services
- CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization Services
- Web Analytics and Tracking
- White Label Solutions
- Digital Marketing Training Event at Your Location.
Please contact me though for further details.
Total Income :
The total income will be $27.98 + $250 = $277.98.
Last month goals checkup :
- I was finally able to post 50 comments at Different Blogs. [PASSED]
- I got more then 250 organic visitors from search engines. [PASSED]
- Generating 100+ Visitors from Different Online Forums. [FAILED]
- I planned to write 6 posts in the month of February. [PASSED]
- I wasn’t able to generate 100+ visitors from Different Forums, Though WarriorForum came to rescue me, but overall i was failed to achieve my target. [FAILED]
- I planned to spend $50 on Facebook Advertising. I did only $10 [FAILED]
It’s always a nice idea to have some goals which you can compete on, not only this helps in improving but it also brings some sort of motivation and courage to do it. Overall, the Passed signs are more and Failed Signs are less, so I will count it as productive.
Plans for March 2015 :
- I have planned to write 7 posts in the month of March. Just to keep in mind, by writing higher posts, no compromises will be made with the quality of posts
- I’m planning to increase email subscribers for the website and I’m planning to install few plugins for that, which I will update next month along with how it increased my subscribers.
- Many people are asking me for personal (1-on-1 consultations) so I’m planning to add some section through which people can schedule appointments with me, hope it works smoothly then.
- Search Engine traffic increased very well and I’m looking forward to increase it by 50% at least in the Month of March.
- I’m planning to write 25 posts on different forums along with 50 blog comments on various blogging sites to increase visitors.
Guest Post Invitation :
As always, I welcome guest writers to post quality posts on my blog. If you are writing similar content as of my blog, then you are welcome to reach me to discuss on it.
As always, I’m open to criticism, what are your thoughts on my blogging strategy? How did you find this report? Did i miss something? What do you want me to add in my monthly reports article? Every appraisal and criticism is welcome here, please do comment on what you think.
If you are interested in starting a blog for your own or you want to have an online presence, or you as a company want’s to engage your audience with a blog, why don’t you have a look on my tutorial for a complete blogging series which will help you to start your blog in just 15 minutes for a fairly cheap price (the low price is only through my link), For your information, if you will buy 12 months of blog hosting via my Bluehost link you are going to get 1 free domain as well, and the cost is going to be dirt cheap at annual package and it’s fairly easy to earn money from blogging too if you have a self hosted blog and you know how to monetize it well, also if you have bought it from my link and still having troubles, then reach me for a FREE setup, Good luck!