“The success lies where people get tired watching you trying over and over again but you don’t look tired. In fact, you show up every day with a smile.” – Hassaan Khan
Welcome to the January 2017 Monthly Income Report for AliRaza.co. This is the 16th Monthly Progress Report of this Blog. The purpose of Monthly report is to review the amount of work I do every month, along with website, social media and subscribers statistics. In other words, I critique the performance of myself and my blog every month to see where i’m standing.
In case if you have missed the old reports, you can check them via :
- December 2016 Monthly Income Report
- November 2016 Monthly Income Report
- October 2016 Monthly Income Report
Or Click here to see all the monthly reports.
- 1 Major Changes on the Website /Improving UI:
- 2 Posts Created In The Month of December, 2016.
- 3 PPC and SEO Training :
- 4 Traffic Statistics For the Month of January 2017 :
- 5 Traffic Sources
- 6 Subscribers :
- 7 Social Media Traffic
- 8 Mentions & Interviews:
- 9 Featured Question :
- 10 Income :
- 11 Last month goals checkup :
- 12 Paid Post Invitation :
- 13 Your Turn
Major Changes on the Website /Improving UI:
As with every month, i try to improve the User Experience on my website through different techniques. Since it means improving user experience which also technically means with increasing engagement with your audience.
This month, I have worked out with the blog by working on a completely new theme. I know the blog is far from perfection and can never satisfy everyone, but I will be listening to most of the suggestions and will go with those which are mostly selected by the audience.
So far the theme is relatively new and I’m still tweaking it, If you have any suggestions, you are more than welcome to write a comment on the new layout of the website.
I have also added a new small Digital Marketing Skill Test on the blog.
Do let me know your feedbacks on that as well. 🙂
Checkout my recent post on Different Ways To Make Money Online Freewhere i have discussed hundreds of potential ways to start your online money making career.
Posts Created In The Month of December, 2016.
In the Month of January, 2017. The site has addition of 4 new posts.
December Monthly Report was the regular monthly report last month, where i discussed the usual strategies, website tweaking, along with traffic, stats and revenue details. I also discussed plans for 2017 and various monetization strategies which I will be using this year. I hope everyone is aware of what i do cover, so do check it, if you haven’t still.
One of the finest and best guide to Making Money Online on Fiverr you will ever read. I’m even saying that this guide is something which you cannot RESIST yourself to share.
For a quick revision, the guide is of 4000+ words and discusses from Why Fiverr? To Top Niche’s in Fiverr to How to Promote Your Gigs?, all is covered in the article. Do have a look and let me know your thoughts.
This month, Talha Wahid have written an awesome guide on How to Stand Out Your Niche Blog From the Competitors? He exactly knows that Standing out from your Competitors and getting Organic traffic is hard but he says if you make a unique blog and make an exclusive strategy, you can still outrank everyone. So do checkout the article for more information on the topic.
If you haven’t started your blogging career so far then probably it’s the right time to think about starting your blogging career in 2017 because It’s Never too late to step into the world of Blogging.
- Do you want me to help you?
- Do you want to know how to earn money from a blog?
- Then Checkout the above post.
PPC and SEO Training :
As part of my new year goals and discussed last month with you, I have started the PPC and SEO training.
In case if you want to join (I’m only accepting people till 5th Feb) :
And The details are :
- Access to Private Group
- Live Webinars/Recordings
- Hard Copy Certificates from Google Partner Company
- SEO Training : $150/-
- PPC Training : $150/-
Both : $250/-
Course Duration is 2 and a half months. So Singup Now
Traffic Statistics For the Month of January 2017 :
Analysing the Traffic Statistics is a great way to measure how does your blog perform as compared to last month. I do this every month to see where I’m standing. If you are not doing this activity yet, I suggest you to start critiquing your web statistics, as it’s a great way to find out, how you are performing. If you have just started your blogging venture, then rather focusing on earnings, your core focus should be on traffic stats, having more subscribers over Email and Social media.
- Here are the traffic stats for the Month of January, I received a total of 3426 number of unique visitors, 4448 Sessions and 6988 Page Views. For a quick revision, the number was standing at 2050 Unique Visitors with 2565 Sessions Last Month.
- If you are struggling to get traffic and looking for ways to increase your website traffic, do checkout different ways to get more traffic to your website or blog.
Let’s have a comparison with Last Month (January vs December):
Let’s have a look on the traffic sources to get an idea on what are the top traffic acquisition sources for this blog in the month of January,2017.
Comparison with the Month of December 2016.
Major Observations in Traffic :
- 2017 has certainly made a great start and January has seen the HIGHEST traffic ever received on this blog, so this is a welcome news.
- 73% Traffic is a huge increase in the overall traffic.
- All Traffic Channels increased in positive numbers specially the Social media and Organic traffic.
- This is the first time, the blog received more than 1000 unique visitors in a month from organic search, and although in December the organic traffic went down by 7% but see I was optimistic and now you can see the difference.
- If you are searching for ways on how you can increase traffic, then checkout my post on ‘How To Increase Traffic to Your Blog‘.
Most Visited Pages in January 2017 :
- The December Monthly Income Report won the show! I think the monthly report post always get the highest views, why is that so? Anyone would like to comment?
- The Complete Guide To Making Money on Fiverr got the second number! I mean obviously it should! it’s a 4000+ words guide. Thanks for the audience though for such an appraisal.
- This old article is still bringing me sales and traffic! How To Fix An Adwords Suspended account? keep it up!
Let’s have a look on the subscribers to find and analyze where I’m standing as compared to last month. If you are going to start blogging, then forget earnings and this is the place you need to target in. Forget Income, Focus Subscribers, this should be your ultimate goal with blogging.
Below are the updated stats till 31st January 2017.
- Mail Chimp – 450 Subscribers (Last Month I had 423 Subscribers). +27 This Month. [Thanks to Bloom Plugin.]
- Facebook – 5165 (Last Month, I was at 4874.) +291 This Month.(I did spend money on Facebook but it was to promote my Personal SEO/PPC Training)
- Google Plus – 342 Followers (Last Month I had 341 Followers) – +1 This Month.
- Twitter – 511 Followers. (Last Month i had 504 Followers) – +7 This Month.
- Thankfully, all social channels subscribers increased and the numbers were in positive, I’m so glad for the love.
Social Media Traffic
Let’s have a look on the traffic I received from Social Media Traffic, last month in January.
- Major Observations Regarding Social Media Traffic
- Social Media traffic is slowly picking up again but its no way near to what i saw in august or earlier.
- Overall, a total of 326 people were added to my networking list, thank you so much for your support and love, I appreciate.
- Facebook has always been a constant performer and generating top traffic from me, accounting upto 95% of total social media traffic.
- Vkontakte is going good too.
Mentions & Interviews:
In January, I was being mentioned at five different places.
- First of all, I was mentioned at Odnevn Blog on the topic of “Mega Roundup : Learn Blogging From 28 Bloggers Around The World“, Thanks
- Then Sathish Arumugam mentioned me on his blog in the round up of “Best Ever New Year Resolutions of 71 Expert Bloggers” It was a massive post, thanks for the mention.
- Then Adeel Sami Mentioned me at “52 Bloggers Finally Revealed their Successive Blog Posting Schedule”, As always Adeel’s Blog has been exceptional.
- Then I was Interviewed by More Magazine. I discussed some key tactics on how to become a successful blogger?. You can check the interview here – Thanks Samana for the interview!
- Hussain had an exclusive roundup on his blog for “60 Expert Tips: Kill Google Sandbox & Skyrocket Your Traffic” – Thanks Hussain for the mention, hopefully it was a great learning for your audience.
- Lastly Adeel again mentioned me in his latest post about “The Great Pakistani Internet Personalities I Met with in Last 13 Months” – It’s truly an amazing feeling for me, Im highly obliged for the gesture, thank you.
If you want to feature my opinion on your roundup or if you want to take an interview, do contact me.
Featured Question :
If you have a question to ask from me, You can contact me via the form and I will be happy to feature it on my website or you can write it down in the comments section and i will get it featured in the next month report.
Please note that, I prefer featuring such questions which are not a particular niche oriented and can help wider audience.
Question : Hopefully you will be doing good. I need your suggestion regarding Blog Niche Selection. I am confused about interest and market value. Which should i select the one i have interest or the one having market value? Point is i want to earn through blogging not just to share posts.
Answer : Thats a very good question and I really appreciate that you have asked the question.
For me, the scope is of Passion, Money will come later. Just remember this and start working on the niche in which you have strong interest. Remember your ultimate goal should be to build the audience, once you do that, you will find hundreds of ways to monetize it. As far as building audience is concerned, I always feel that you can only build big audience in the field of your interest or in which you are passionate. So just go with it.
Recommend Readings For you :
- 7 Reasons to choose Niche Blog over Lifestyle Blog
- How to stand out your Niche Blog from the Competitors?
Finally we are on to the income segment.Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep earnings of that agency, separate. The results for different affiliate programs are as follow’s .
- Long tail pro (See My Review) – $o Revenue
- Bluehost (See my How to start a blog tutorial – Blogging Series) – $65 (Finally Yayy!!)
- SEMRush (See My Review) – $55.96 Revenue
- ThemeForest – $o Revenue
- Elegant Themes – $o Revenue
- Sparkol – $0 Revenue
- NinjaReach – $0 Revenue
- Shopify – $0 Revenue
- Buzz Bundle – $0 Revenue
- SEOGroupBuy – $0 Revenue
- Consultation – $300 Revenue
- Paid Post(s) – $0 Revenue
- Other Income – $0 Revenue
- If you are looking for ways for earning money via your blog, then checkout my How To Earn Money From Blogging Post!
Consultation Earnings :
This month, consultation revenue went down to $300 and it’s because January is always slow. Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep their earnings separate even if that is of just consultancy.
- However, just to let everyone know, I can help you with following services :
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaign Setup/Management
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaigns Auditing
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Account Suspension (Many people contact me regarding this so make sure to check my How to Fix an Google Adwords Suspended Account? article.)
- SEO Services
- Social Media Campaigns
- Branding Services which Includes Brand Positioning, Segmentation & Awareness.
- Re-marketing Services
- CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization Services
- Web Analytics and Tracking
- White Label Solutions
- Digital Marketing Training Event at Your Location.
- Please contact me though for further details.
This month, I spent some money on Facebook Advertising however since the advertisement was for my Personal Branding/Promotion of my SEO/PPC training and I don’t mention the revenue’s here so I wont be writing the expense too, I also spent $120 on maintenance and other tweaking of the website, $5 was additional expense on PicMonkey too.
Total Income :
The total income will be $300 + $65 + $55.96 – $120 -$5(120+5) = $295.96
P.S. Just for a re-cap, it was $525.96. last month, there is a decrease in the number but it’s okay with me, first of all January always go slow and the same thing happened with my digital agency as well (Aarswebs.com) So I was expecting the revenue’s to be down here too. I also had decreased earnings on my Amazon sites so i can understand that people choose to be more on saving side in the month of January.
Last month goals checkup :
- Goal Checkups are some sort of motivation for me. I keep a check every month to see what I’m doing with my blog. Last month, I had few goals for January, Let’s see how much successful I was on them.
- For January, I plan to write at again least 5 posts. Well to be honest, I was only able to write 4 posts. [FAILED]
- I’m planning to introduce SEO Services for my readers at exclusive prices, but instead I started the Training of SEO and PPC, so thats a win too. [PASSED]
- For January, I also had plan for Doing more blog commenting, appearing in more interviews or roundups. Yes I was able to do that. [PASSED]
Plans for February 2017.
- Unlike all the previous months, I will be focusing on writing just 3 new articles only.However I will be updating old posts written back in 2015 and 2016 (start), and would like to see how does it impact on traffic specially the organic one.
- Although February has (28 days), 3 days less than January but still I expect to receive more traffic.
- In January, I started PPC Training and SEO Training for my readers, last 2 days left (In case if you haven’t signed up yet), but in February I will be focusing on introducing SEO Services and Packages for the blog audience.
- For the next month, i also have goals to improve the user experience of the website by adding table of content and working more on the landing page optimization.
Wish me a best of luck in all these things, thank you.
Paid Post Invitation :
As always, I welcome companies or individuals to share quality content with my readers through my blog. If you have something worthy to share with my audience, then you are welcome to reach me to discuss on it. Make sure, Your content needs to have a top notch quality. If you also want me to write on a specific topic, do let me know, i will do that on minimal charges. =)
‘Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish’ – Steve Jobs. The success lie’s in continuous improvement, learning out new things, testing and never getting satisfied with what you have. Goals are made to be broken, I know i will break some goals tomorrow but then I will create new goals too and thats how you remain motivated.
Anyway, How was the blog report for the month of January, 2o17? As always, I’m open to criticism, what are your thoughts on my blogging strategy? Did i miss something? What do you want me to add in my monthly reports article? Every appraisal and criticism is welcome here, please do comment on what you think.
If you are interested in starting a blog for your own or you want to have an online presence, or you as a company want’s to engage your audience with a blog, why don’t you have a look on my tutorial for a complete blogging series which will help you to start your blog in just 15 minutes for a fairly cheap price (the low price is only through my link), For your information, if you will buy 12 months of blog hosting via my Bluehost link you are going to get 1 free domain as well, and the cost is going to be dirt cheap at annual package and it’s fairly easy to earn money from blogging too if you have a self hosted blog and you know how to monetize it well, also if you have bought it from my link and still having troubles, then reach me for a FREE setup, Good luck!