Welcome to the July 2016 Monthly Income Report for AliRaza.co. This is the 10th Monthly Progress Report of this Blog. The purpose of Monthly report is to review the amount of work I do every month, along with website, social media and subscribers statistics. In other words, I critique the performance of myself and my blog every month to see where i’m standing.
In case if you have missed the old reports, you can check them via :
Or Click here to see all the monthly reports.
- 1 Backup Reminder
- 2 Major Changes on the Website /Improving UI:
- 3 Posts Created In The Month of July, 2016.
- 4 Traffic Statistics :
- 5 Let’s have a comparison with March Last Month (July vs June):
- 6 Traffic Sources
- 7 Comparison with the Month of June 2016.
- 8 Major Observations in Traffic :
- 9 Most Visited Pages in July 2016 :
- 10 Subscribers :
- 11 Social Media Traffic
- 12 Major Observations Regarding Social Media Traffic
- 13 Mentions & Interviews:
- 14 Featured Question :
- 15 Ebook
- 16 Income :
- 17 Consultation Earnings :
- 18 Freelancing
- 19 Expense
- 20 Total Income :
- 21 Last month goals checkup :
- 22 Plans for August 2016.
- 23 Guest Post Invitation :
- 24 Your Turn
First thing first, According to Sciencealert, Google deleted an artist’s blog, along with 14 years of his work. Since his blog was hosted on Blogspot, a blogging platform owned by Google and they deleted it terming a violation of terms and agreement. Unfortunately he also lost his latest GIF novel and he didn’t have any backup of his work. So it’s a friendly reminder for everyone to make sure to regularly backup your website’s and other data to stay safe from unwanted happenings.
Major Changes on the Website /Improving UI:
As with every month, i try to improve the User Experience on my website through different techniques. Since it means improving user experience which also technically means with increasing engagement with your audience. Keeping this in mind, i have launched an ebook which will hopefully be available to everyone in upcoming few days. Details are posted in the Ebook Section.
Posts Created In The Month of July, 2016.
In the Month of July, 2016. I was able to write 5 blog posts which is 1 more then the last month.
June Monthly Report was the regular monthly report last month, where i discussed the usual strategies, website tweaking, along with traffic, stats and revenue details.
The second article focuses more on the importance of having a successful blogging journey since we all know that Establishing your blog takes time, money and patience. The article highlights various aspects such as how to chose your niche, how to build relation with your audience and then how to turn it for wider profits.
Social Media Accounts Up to 31% Of Your Online Traffic. In fact, businesses are pretty much concerned about social media. Even infact, Social media is today’s hottest topic. The third article highlights on key strategies to success on social media along with tweakings such a is better engagement and delivery of a useful message. It takes years and years to understand this small statement. Checkout the article to see five different ways to get more visitors from social media.
The fourth post was an expert roundup on SEO advice. I asked more then 23 experts on whats the best SEO (Search engine optimisation) advice they will like to give to newbies? The roundup was successful and had a lot of great information, if you still haven’t checked it, do check it.
Do You Want to Start Blogging and Make Money? This article is a complete guide to it. From choosing the platform to selecting the niche to maximising yourself to promoting it and making money from it. This article cover’s everything!
In this article i have briefly discussed various ways and techniques which you can use to start earning income online.
Traffic Statistics :
Analysing the Traffic Statistics is a great way to measure how does your blog perform as compared to last month. I do this every month to see where I’m standing. If you are not doing this activity yet, I suggest you to start critiquing your web statistics, as it’s a great way to find out, how you are performing. If you have just started your blogging venture, then rather focusing on earnings, your core focus should be on traffic stats, having more subscribers over Email and Social media.
Here are the traffic stats for the Month of July, I received a total of 2637 number of unique visitors, 3372 Sessions and 5478 Page Views. For a quick revision, the number was standing at 2171 Unique Visitors with 3011 Sessions Last Month.
If you are struggling to get traffic and looking for ways to increase your website traffic, do checkout different ways to get more traffic to your website or blog.
Let’s have a comparison with March Last Month (July vs June):
Let’s have a look on the traffic sources to get an idea on what are the top traffic acquisition sources for this blog in the month of July.
Comparison with the Month of June 2016.
Major Observations in Traffic :
- The good news is traffic is up. More visitors, more sessions but less session duration and poor bounce rate, however overall it was a positive month.
- Social Media is still the main source of traffic aquisition however now i’m trying to improve more visitors from search engines as well.
- Traffic from Social Media, Search Engines, Referral increased.
If you are searching for ways on how you can increase traffic, then checkout my post on ‘How To Increase Traffic to Your Blog‘.
Most Visited Pages in July 2016 :
- The Expert Roundup on SEO advice won the show with highest views.
- The June Income report Came onto third number.
- The Complete Guide to Starting Your Blogging Career was also liked by the audience, thank you guys for that!
Let’s have a look on the subscribers to find and analyze where I’m standing as compared to last month. If you are going to start blogging, then forget earnings and this is the place you need to target in. Forget Income, Focus Subscribers, this should be your ultimate goal with blogging.
Facebook – 3561 (Last Month, I was at 3544.) +17 This Month.
Google Plus – 276 Followers (Last Month I had 256 Followers) – +20 This Month.
Twitter – 441 Followers. (Last Month i had 427 Followers) – +14 This Month.
The stats and increase are pretty okay, I was expecting a little more since the roundup went viral, however i hope things will even go better next month.
Social Media Traffic
Let’s have a look on the traffic I received from Social Media Traffic, last month in June.
Major Observations Regarding Social Media Traffic
There is no major observations in this section, however general observation is as follows
- Facebook won the show again with 93% of Social Media traffic coming through it.
- Linkedin Came to second.
- Google Plus Traffic decreased, hopefully it will recover in this month.
Mentions & Interviews:
In July, I had two interviews and one mention.
First of all, I was mentioned at Matthew WoodWard Income Round up. Thanks for mentioning my blog report.
Daniel mentioned me in 10 Interesting Internet Marketing Blogs For Web Designers, Thanks for the mention Daniel!
Sharjeel then listed me in the Top 5 Popular Bloggers From Pakistan. He also posted an iinterview about me on his website. Thank You Sharjeel!
If you want to feature my opinion on your roundup or if you want to take an interview, do contact me.
Featured Question :
If you have a question to ask from me, You can contact me via the form and I will be happy to feature it on my website.
Please note that, I prefer featuring such questions which are not a particular niche oriented and can help wider audience.
This month the question was on Content Writing.
Question : How To Write Great Content?
Answer : I will be very precise and short here, since i do not consider myself as an expert in content writing, specially when i know that my grammar isn’t that great but here are few things I will suggest to anyone who is trying to improve the content quality of his articles.
- It’s always a better idea to write the summary of your article on top, so your readers may have idea on what topics are being discussed in the article.
- When writing on a particular topic, make sure no one else has a better piece available online then your’s. For instance, you are writing on freelancing, make sure, no one can match or beat the quality and information of your article.
- The presentation of your article matters a lot, don’t take your readers for granted, try to summarise in short bullet points, have images and videos where possible, the art doesn’t lie’s with writing 5000 word articles, the quality of the writer should be that his/her reader not only reads your article but tries to interact with you as well.
- Writing Unique Content doesn’t mean that it’s a great content.
Hope I have answered your query!
Finally, Finally and Finally the ebook is completed, however I realised i’m too lazy to put much efforts in marketing for it, however I will be working to get it sorted out. The ebook is currently available to beta testers and hopefully it will be available to public for free download in few days.
Finally we are on to the income segment.Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep their earnings separate. The results for different affiliate programs are as follow’s .
- Long tail pro (See My Review) – $o Revenue
- Bluehost (See my How to start a blog tutorial – Blogging Series) – $195 Revenue
- SEMRush (See My Review) – $55.96 Revenue
- ThemeForest – $o Revenue
- Elegant Themes – $o Revenue
- Sparkol – $0 Revenue
- NinjaReach – $0 Revenue
- Shopify – 1 Signup – Revenue Yet Pending.
- Buzz Bundle
- Consultation – $100 Revenue
- Freelancing – $97 Revenue.
If you are looking for ways for earning money via your blog, then checkout my How To Earn Money From Blogging Post!
This is the highest month ever with Bluehost. I actually had 3 signups last month, and at the time of writing this report, one more signup has been done, but it will be counted in August earnings. I’m great to see positive improvement on this side. I’m still analysing about the Bluehost signups, if any of my readers have any guesses, do comment! 🙂
Consultation Earnings :
This month, consultation services went little down and the total amount I earned through providing consultation services is $100. If you compare it with last month, it’s a negative trend, but i hope i will have more orders this month.
Please keep in mind that I do have an online advertising agency as well but i keep their earnings separate.
However, just to let everyone know, I can help you with following services :
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaign Setup/Management
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Campaigns Auditing
- Google Adwords/Bing/Facebook Ads Account Suspension (Many people contact me regarding this so make sure to check my How to Fix an Google Adwords Suspended Account? article.)
- SEO Services
- Social Media Campaigns
- Branding Services which Includes Brand Positioning, Segmentation & Awareness.
- Re-marketing Services
- CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization Services
- Web Analytics and Tracking
- White Label Solutions
- Digital Marketing Training Event at Your Location.
Please contact me though for further details.
Freelancing, freelancing and freelancing. Most of the people were of the view that why i have started freelancing when you are already running a digital marketing agency. The answer to that is that freelancing helps me to remember from where i started everything. It’s a great learning, more then earning, the learning process when you work as a freelancer and as a digital marketing agency head, both are different things.
This month, I was able to earn $97 from freelancing services, the fact is that I have to manage an agency as well and i keep it’s earning separate.
This month, there were no specific expenses.
Total Income :
The total income will be $195 + $55.96 + $197 = $447.96.
P.S. Just for a re-cap, it was $800.96 last month, so it’s a negative trend, despite receiving 3 more signups at Bluehost!
Last month goals checkup :
Goal Checkups are some sort of motivation for me. I keep a check every month to see what I’m doing with my blog. Last month, I had few goals for July, Let’s see how much successful I was on them.
- Get The SEO Series Completed. I’m glad to know that I was able to do the successful SEO roundup. [PASSED]
- Should earn at least $700 from Freelancing and Consultation! Failed terribly at it. [FAILED]
- Write at least 6-7 Posts on this blog. I have changed my strategy on this thing. [FAILED]
Plans for August 2016.
- I have a plan to write approx, 4 posts this month, since I will be working on old posts as well I’m planning to perform Hajj, so I shall be leaving for that in few days. I also believe that writing an awesome content writing isn’t an art, unless you know how to market it well. So I will be focusing more on Quality of posts then Quantity.
- More Blog Comments. I stopped doing this for a while, however i will be doing it a lot, since it’s a great way to increase more traffic
- I started doing blogging last year and over the year i feel that my writing style have been changed alot, so i will be randomly picking any 5 articles written last year, will be updating it with improved user experience and will then promote on Social Media. I also would like to see how keep on updating the old content works with SEO. So it will be an interesting case study to be follow for everyone.
- Wish me a best of luck in all these things, thank you.
Guest Post Invitation :
As always, I welcome guest writers to post quality posts on my blog. If you have something to share with my audience, then you are welcome to reach me to discuss on it. Make sure, Your content needs to have a top notch quality. If you also want me to write on a specific topic, do let me know. =)
‘Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish’ – Steve Jobs. The success lie’s in continuous improvement, learning out new things, testing and never getting satisfied with what you have. Goals are made to be broken, I know i will break some goals tomorrow but then I will create new goals too and thats how you remain motivated.
Anyway, How was the blog report for the month of July, 2o16? As always, I’m open to criticism, what are your thoughts on my blogging strategy? Did i miss something? What do you want me to add in my monthly reports article? Every appraisal and criticism is welcome here, please do comment on what you think.
If you are interested in starting a blog for your own or you want to have an online presence, or you as a company want’s to engage your audience with a blog, why don’t you have a look on my tutorial for a complete blogging series which will help you to start your blog in just 15 minutes for a fairly cheap price (the low price is only through my link), For your information, if you will buy 12 months of blog hosting via my Bluehost link you are going to get 1 free domain as well, and the cost is going to be dirt cheap at annual package and it’s fairly easy to earn money from blogging too if you have a self hosted blog and you know how to monetize it well, also if you have bought it from my link and still having troubles, then reach me for a FREE setup, Good luck!