Social media marketing is a rapidly growing trend on the internet. Not only is it impacting the big organizations but it is also changing the way small businesses interact with the customers. In this jargon of social media engagement, social reach, and social networks, it sometimes becomes overwhelming to understand where to begin from and what to do exactly in order to get into it, especially for those who are trying to understanding the social media marketing world.
Are you looking forward to getting active on social in 2019?
Have you planned to put your business on social media?
Did someone just convince you to start a business Facebook page?
Well, every single day, people are understanding and joining the social media to put themselves out there. If you just realized that it’s extremely important to put out your business or personal profile out there in order to build an online reputation, then let me tell you that you have taken the right step. Even though it’s a tiny first step but it’s commendable.
In this blog post, you’ll learn:
- Where to get started on social media marketing in 2020
- What to expect this year in social media
- What social media trend is going to be on the top
- What we need to do when it comes to social media in 2020
Let’s get straight into this.
How to Keep Up with the Social Media Marketing in 2020
Following are the essentials of today’s social media marketing. In order to survive in 2019 and the years to come, we have to take care of a lot of things and some of them are:
Understanding the Brand
It all starts from the brand understanding. You can’t go on the internet and hope to get the eyeballs on your brand if you don’t understand your brand at all. In order to understand your brand, you must begin with understanding:
- What do you sell?
- Who do you sell to?
- Why do you think your product/service is good?
- What specialty do you have that differentiates you from others?
You can’t just go and build your social profiles on each and every social networks. It’s not about playing all the cards, instead, about playing smart.
Try to understand and learn:
- Where does your audience exist?
- What do they like to consume?
- What are their problems?
- What do they want to achieve?
- Where do they like to hang out?
Once you figure out these things you’ll get closer to the decision of choosing the right social media platforms for your business, whether it’s a personal brand or a business organization.
Let me give you some examples:
If you’re an HR recruitment agency, you better be building your following on LinkedIn mainly, and also on a couple of social networks like Facebook and Twitter. If you’re a talent management company who signs up the young fresh singers and actors, you better be looking for that talent on YouTube, Instagram, and Music.ly.
It’s all about being in the right place. And it all happens if you understand your brand.
So, start with understanding your brand.
Looking at the Emerging Trends
In order to get along with the social media marketing in 2019, you have to be onboard with it. Find out what’s going on in social media. What people are doing and what brands are using? Look at the consumer side as well as the business side of the social media.
In the social media world, there are always certain trends that come and go. Keep looking at them. Back in 2017-18, things like meme and gifs were quite in on social media. Today is probably quote images that get shared a lot. It’s just a rough example.
What we need to look at is the bigger picture. There are certain things that are gaining the momentum:
- Live Streaming: This is the hottest feature of the social media at the moment. Every social media network is getting serious about the live streaming. It begins with the Meerkat and Periscope, then followed by Facebook and YouTube, and then Instagram picked it up. You might see Snapchat Live in the future, don’t know about that, though, but nobody knows what’s happening in the live streaming world and what to expect from it.
- Content Publishing: Brands are understanding the power of content publishing, sharing, and promoting more than ever. The annual spending on content marketing is increasing every year now. The reason is the awareness of the emerging trends. Now, brands are looking at building long-term relations with the prospects and customers and want to keep them hooked through publishing useful content for them.
- Native Advertising: Social media and the internet have brought something distinctive, which is native advertising. The momentum native advertising is gaining is admirable. It means banner advertising, radio advertising, and TV commercials might not be the future of the online advertising.
All in all, you have to keep an eye on the major social media marketing trends, like what’s going on and where the social media is heading towards.
So that being a brand you could strategise your social media marketing strategies in 2017-18.
Building a Tribe
Ref = Buffer Blog
In order to reap the benefits from your social media marketing, you must begin with delivering the benefits to the audience. This is how you will be able to build a tribe. You can’t expect something from the audience without being a giver. So always focus on giving more than you ask for.
In order to succeed in social media marketing in 2017, you need to learn the art of building a tribe. This isn’t an easy thing to accomplish. If you’re serious about building a tribe, do the following things:
- Find a core reason: It is something that your tribe would be based on. There has to be something like a common agenda that a lot of people believe in or want to achieve just like you. So find that reason and build a tribe based on that.
- Be the giver: You have to be the giver in order to attract the audience and finally build a tribe. You can’t build it if you start asking for help. Instead, do your work and start helping others. That’s how you can build a tribe. Once a tribe grows, the community in it develops, then you can also ask for help. Trust me, people would love to help you if you have been helping them for a long time.
- Consistency is the key: Show up every day, or at least, more often. Because a tribe that isn’t active, can’t do anything well. So, train the tribe to be active and talk to each other.
Choosing the Right Tools
Tools play a key role in how we communicate, respond, and do stuff. In order to build a social media following, where you have to do a lot of engagement, content publishing, and strategy building, you must not forget the importance of the tools. Whether it’s a social media scheduling tool like Buffer or Edgar, or the social media sharing buttons on your blog, you would have to keep yourself updated with the certain tools.
In fact, it’s not just limited to the online web-based tools. Go ahead on the mobile device, find the right kind of mobile apps that you can use on your smartphone. Whether it’s a productivity app or a new camera filter app for selfies, keep testing and analyzing different tools.
Because when you get into the groove of discovering the new tools and analyzing them for your social media influence, you definitely stumble upon various useful tools, which you may not immediately need to use but you might have to try them in the future. Awareness is important.
So, in this blog post, I have shared some insights on looking at the social media marketing strategies and trends that would be crucial to our social media success in 2017.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a personal brand or a multi-national firm, you have to be spot on when it comes to your social media marketing strategy.
Do you think Facebook advertising is the only key to social media success?
If you think YES, then you’re mistaken, because you must have a clear idea of:
- WHO to target
- HOW to harbor
- WHAT to feed
- HOW to convert
Meaning, you must know what to do with the audience when they are actually looking at your social media profile or even have followed you.
I tried to explain all that in this blog post.
What are you thinking now?
Let’s talk in the comments below.