Having the wallet filled with money all the time is… what?
A dangerous act.
That is an extremely dangerous act to keep the money with you.
Oh… Well, you do not know the risks in the countless ways that can haunt you anytime.
Not that the risks of losing money on the road ONLY happens in Pakistan but it may happen anywhere, and in any country.
The best is to proactively deal with the situation to become and remain safe — most of the time and with every precautionary steps that you may take and apply to yourself.
And for that, the debit cards has been the one kind of the invention that have greatly minimizes the risk of losing the money during the mugging, looting, or simply by just losing your wallet and belongings where you have your money stashed (with the legal way, of course! :)…)
Our core idea to put you on the safer side with accessing your money anytime and for the same, we are compiling a list of best debit cards in Pakistan to get you updated with the best information available about the debit cards’ options to select from.
Indeed you need to be safe and would not lose your money due to the unfortunate events…
Be with us and get to know what best debit cards in Pakistan that you have to have to give you the ready-access to your hard-earned money any time.
Risk situations where debit cards work as the shield
Before knowing what best debit cards that you have available in Pakistan, why not just put a quick glance through the risk situations that you (MAY) encounter?
Let’s know them real quick then.
- Stealing with and without your notice
- Getting your wallet lost
And there would be many and relating to the situation you get yourself stuck into.
But all in all, debit cards help in many situations to not just lose your money in quick instance.
Best Debit Cards in Pakistan
Now is the time to hop over the core of the subject… to find the best debit cards in Pakistan that are serving the millions of Pakistan getting to access their money with ease.
But wait… Opt for the debit card that is owned by the leading banks working in Pakistan since years.
Do not fall in the scam of any unknown and 3rd party person or a business to help you getting registered for the debit card and/or pay anything.
The process to get the bank account and apply for debit cards in Pakistan’s leading banks are just straight forward and simplified and equipped with the great staff that is always ready to help and reply to your many questions to fall you under… the trusting side, of course! 🙂
Let us allow to name the best debit cards available in Pakistan and through the leading banks operating in the country.
UBL Virtual Wiz Prepaid Card
UBL Virtual Wiz Prepaid card works best to conduct online shopping even from local websites or the international ones.
Just make sure the shopping websites either allow charging from the cards backed by MasterCard and see UBL Virtual Wiz card working!
So, purchase anything off the internet and from anywhere in the world with your invisible virtual card, thanks to UBL!
Features & benefits of UBL Virtual Wiz Prepaid card
- Fast issuance online! And without visiting your bank or filling the forms
- Have 5 virtual Wiz cards issued in your name (per bank account)
- Use it independently and without calling your bank to active the internet session to conduct the online shopping
- Works with all merchants that accept MasterCard for the payment
- Use locally or over the international shopping portals and websites to pay for your purchase
- Load with your normal UBL bank account through logging into your UBL Netbanking account
- Secured with best available technologies that protect your data to get leaked
Limits of UBL Virtual Wiz Prepaid Card
- Maximum limit to have the cash on virtual card: PKR 100,000.
- Overall loading limit to have within entire calendar year (bio-verified customers)…: PKR 500,000
- Overall loading limit to have within entire calendar year (non-bio-verified customers)…: PKR 100,000
- Loading & reloading per instance: PKR 100,000
- Usage of per day over internet: PKR 100,000
Fee structure of UBL Virtual Wiz Prepaid card
- Fee of issuance: PKR 300 + FED
- Reload of money: Free
- Wiz refund: PKR 100 + FED
- Purchase in the currency other than PKR and USD: Free
- Purchase with PKR and USD: 4 percent of total transaction amount
- Declined charges in local: PKR 5
- Declined charges for international: PKR 35
Allied Visa Premium Debit Card
Another interesting debit card we have is from the Allied Bank where they have named it ‘Allied Visa Premium Debit Card’ which comes with countless amenities.
Use it for many reasons and count the facilities which would make you to literally thank Allied Bank for inventing this premium debit card powered by Visa.
Benefits of having Allied Visa Premium Debit card
- Access to the 1,000 airport lounges in 300 cities around the world. Enjoy this facility to access 8 lounges out of 1,000 within one complete calendar year (max.) if you are an avid traveller.
- CIP airport lounges access in Multan, Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad if travelling to the international destination.
- Visit and book the rooms in luxury hotels spanned to 900 properties around the globe.
- Travel insurance where you are covered for inconveniences, cancellations, and medical. Refer to the following:
- Dining discounts on 200+ locations while you are in Pakistan or abroad.
Transaction limits and fees to use Allied Visa Premium Debit card
- Limit on ATM cash withdrawal (per day) = PKR 300,000
- POS and eCommerce limit (per day) = PKR 1,000,000
- ATM and IBFT limit (per day) = PKR 1,000,000
Schedule of Charges (SoC)
- Annual fee = PKR 7,000
- Card replacement fee = PKR 600
- Transaction fee (domestic) = PKR 300
- Transaction fee (international) = PKR 900
Allied Cash+Shop Visa Debit Card Sapphire 200
The best companion in the form of debit card when you hit travel or the shopping spree, and that is Allied Cash+Shop Visa Debit Card Sapphire 200.
Choose that debit card and go hassle-free wherever you go.
Transaction limits of Allied Sapphire 200 Debit Card
- Cash withdrawal = PKR 200,000 per day
- POS = PKR 100,000 per day
HBL World Debit Card
A debit card that caters to the need of high net customers, the most-premium HBL World Debit Card that does the same.
Whether you need to deal with your travel needs, maintain the lifestyle to suit, and the insurance that protects you from different kinds of risks, you need this World Debit Card from HBL.
Benefits of HBL World Debit Card
- 850 VIP international airport lounges
- Coverage in accidents and health
- High-set of the cash withdrawal and POS limits
Schedule of Charges (SoC) for HBL World Debit Card
- Annual fee = PKR 7.000
- Card replacement = PKR 10,000
- PoS transaction in local = Nil
- PoS transaction international = 3 percent of the transaction amount
- International ATMs withdrawal = 3 percent of the withdrawal amount or PKR 300 per transaction in case if the amount is lowered where 3 percent does not exceed PKR 300’s mark
- Balance inquiry at international ATMs = PKR 225 per inquiry
HBL PayPak Debit Card
Okay, every card debit card that you will get from any bank; they do provide the 24/7 access to your money but what is different with HBL PayPak Debit Card?
That is, the lowered annual fee (and we will talk about in a bit!)
Features of having HBL PayPak Debit Card
- Get the cash in your pocket throughout the vast network of HBL ATMs and 1-Link-powered ATMs around the country
- Direct transfer the funds using HBL ATMs and 1-Link-backed ATMs nationwide
- Pay your utility bills
- PoS transactions.
- Withdrawal limit = PKR 25,000
- Purchasing (PoS) limit = PKR 50,000
- Funds transfer limit = PKR 50,000.
Charges to use/obtain HBL PayPak Debit Card
- Annual fee for HBL PayPak card = PKR 600 + FED
- Annual fee for chip = PKR 850 + FED
- Replacement fee for card = PKR 250 + FED
- Replacement fee for chip = PKR 300 + FED
- Pos transaction fee for card and chip = Nil for local
- PoS transaction fee for card and chip = Nil for international
- International ATMs withdrawal for card and chip = Nil
- Balance inquiry over international ATMs for card and chip = Nil
Standard Chartered Visa Debit Card
You ask me to name the best of the premium banks that are operating in Pakistan and I miss naming ‘Standard Chartered’, that is totally unfair and I literally do not know much about which banks are good enough in Pakistan!
So… Rest assured that I am totally good with that and you can even rely over me that I will hand the good information to you about the banking industry in Pakistan. 🙂
And for the debit card, Standard chartered brings us an exclusive choice which it has named ‘Standard Chartered Visa Debit Card’ that is just … feature(s)-rich!
Core features of Standard Chartered Visa Debit Card
- Use this Visa debit card in 160 plus countries and over 27 million outlets where Visa is accepted
- Take your regular bank account to shop and pay but through your Standard Chartered Visa debit card
- Go cashless!
- Support offered by 24/7 so no need to calculate the timezones when abroad
- Sign and allow the payment to go through at PoS transactions, that is indeed for your safety. Just swipe and sign!
- Pay for petrol at any filling station where Visa is accepted.
Fees & charges
- Issuance fee = PKR 1,000 for current account holders or PKR 1,400 for saving account holders
- Annual fee = PKR 1,000 for current account holders or PKR 1,400 for saving account holders
- Charges on cash withdrawal or balance inquiry at SCB ATMs = None
- Charges on cash withdrawal or balance inquiry at non-SCB ATMs = PKR 18.75 per transaction & PKR 5 for balance inquiry
- Foreign transactions (PoS & ATMs) = 3 percent of the overall foreign transaction amount.
You can withdraw up to PKR 30,000 per instance using the ATMs.
Meezan Bank Visa Platinum Debit Card
This, Meezan Bank Visa Platinum Debit card, is designed and crafted by keeping one and ONLY one point in mind; to best assist the travellers going out of Pakistan.
Best features of Meezan Visa Platinum Debit Card
- It is safer to use as being the chip-based card which greatly protects your data and the transactions you do anywhere.
- Contact-less use with the added technology of Visa PayWave where it would not ask for you to sign the slips to allow the transactions to happen.
- Avail discounts at over 750+ brands around the country
- CIP lounge access at the airports from Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Sialkot, and Multan.
- Annual Charges = PKR 4,000 plus tax
- Card replacement fee = PKR 4,000 plus tax
- Cash withdrawal @ non- MBL but 1Link ATMs = PKR 18.75 per transaction
- Cash withdrawal (on other switches) = PKR 18.75 per transaction
- Balance inquiry (local) = PKR 5 per inquiry
- Balance inquiry (international) = PKR 250 per inquiry
- Cash withdrawal (International) = 3.5 percent of the transaction amount Or PKR 500 if the transaction amount does not meet the threshold of PKR 500.
- PoS charge (local) = Free
- PoS charge (international) = 3 percent of overall transaction amount
- False chargeback (local & international) = USD 500 or equivalent to same in PKR per case
- Document retrieval charges (local) = PKR 200 per document
- Document retrieval charges (international) = PKR 850 per document.
Faysal Islamic PayPak Debit Card
One exclusive type of the debit card that should only work in Pakistan, and that is Faysal Islamic PayPak Debit Card.
And the debit card works best to do the general-typed of transactions with the guarantee of enhanced security.
Go anywhere and pay with your Faysal Islamic PayPak Debit card nationwide.
Brilliant features of Faysal Islamic PayPak Debit Card
- Withdraw cash off the ATMs around Pakistan
- PoS transactions
- Internet funds transfer with ease
- Internet Bank Funds Transfer to send money to anyone in the country
- Bill payment & balance inquiry.
Daily transaction limits
- Withdraw through ATMs = PKR 25,000
- PoS transactions = PKR 50,000
- IBFT or internal funds transfer = PKR 250,000
- Bill payment = PKR 100,000
Fees & charges
- Issuance fee = PKR 500
Faysal Bank Islamic UnionPay Debit Card
Another we have that we feel honored to include in our list of best debit cards in Pakistan, that comes again from Faysal bank.
This exclusive all-in-work card with the name of Faysal bank Islamic UnionPay Debit Card works real good wherever you go, and whatever you are meant to do.
Just pay with the card and enjoy every moment!
Best features of Faysal Bank Islamic UnionPay Debit Card
- Global acceptance by 1.8 million ATMs with 10 million PoS locations around 162 countries where UnionPay logo is displayed
- Safe and trusted
- Pay in USD (with exchange rate) where your regular PKR account is used
- Pay for your general utility bills
- Dine from your favourite restaurants around the country
- 24 hours customer support
- Get three supplementary cards in your name (per account)
Alfalah Visa Signature Debit Card
You are into the upper-league and keep up with lots of travelling, this Alfalah Visa Signature Debit Card is a perfect match for you.
Features available with Alfalah Visa Signature Debit Card
- Complimentary access to 650+ airport lounges around the globe
- Avail the discount of up to 30 percent in 250+ restaurants and lifestyle partners worldwide
- Countless benefits to choose from 900+ luxurious hotels
- Get insured in the events of travel inconvenience, warranty, and purchase protection
- Offers higher transactional limits to match with your spending spree.
- ATM withdrawal = PKR 500,000
- PoS transaction = PKR 600,000
- Funds transfer = PKR 250,000
Eligibility criteria to avail Alfalah Visa Signature Debit Card
The new accounts holders in Alfalah Bank that deposit at least PKR 1 million can apply for this card.
For the existing account holders, the average 12-months account balance should equal to PKR 1 million.
Charges and fees
- Annual fee = PKR 6,500
- Cash withdrawal from MNet ATMs = 18.75 per transaction
- Utility bill payment = PKR 25 through ATMs OR PKR 35 through call (if below PKR 5,000 bill) OR PKR 55 through call (if above PKR 5,000)
- SMS pull banking service = PKR 25 per month
- Declined charges on 1Link ATMs = PKR 10 per instance
UBL Mega Wallet
Another combination of debit card brings to the table from UBL to assist the heavy-spends.
Backed by Visa, the UBL Mega Wallet is loaded with the brilliant set of features for the avid shoppers to not worry for a bit to have the cash to cover the spending.
Brilliant features of UBL Mega Wallet
- Shop all around the world from outlets that support Visa
- Accepted in local and international destinations
- Get up to 9 supplementary accounts issued per account
- Support around the clock
- SMS alerts to get notified within the seconds of conducting the successful transaction
- Receive e-statements whenever you want
- Free access to the card holder and 3 of his friends/family members at Port Grand, Karachi
- Transaction at ATM = PKR 40,000 per day
- Shopping limit (PoS/eCommerce) = PKR 100,000 per day
- IBFT to UBL accounts = PKR 100,000 per day.
Fee & charges
- Annual fee = PKR 600
- Supplementary cards (up to 9) = PKR 400 per card
- Funds transfer through ATMs = Within UBL accounts for PKR 50 per transaction AND PKR 100 per transaction for non-UBL accounts
- Replacement fee = PKR 400
- Withdrawal fee on non-UBL ATMs = PKR 15 per instance
- Withdrawal through switches = PKR 15 per instance
- International usage = 3.5 percent of total transaction
- PoS charges in other currency than USD = Free
- PoS charges in USD & PKR = 4 percent of total transaction amount
- Internet usage with activation charge = O
- Usage per internet session = PKR 100
- Declined transaction charges = PKR 5 for local AND PKR 35 for international
UBL Premium Debit MasterCard
And our last but not the least selection of best debit cards in Pakistan is again from UBL, and named UBL Premium Debit MasterCard.
But that not only works with MasterCard alone, or where MasterCard-accepted debit cards work; it also supports Cirrus payment solution so that and by any chance Cirrus is the only option available to make the card to work, you know you have the right card in your pocket.
Again… That is not the real feature to be proud of. Because UBL Premium Debit MasterCard comes with the marvelous benefit to help the extra-big clients to openly spend their money doing and buying the heavy and worthy stuff from around the world.
- CIP access and for FREE at Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi airports.
- Grab the exciting discounts from the networks of supported merchants nationwide.
- Pay the heavy amount to purchase the valuable stuff.
- Withdraw cash from up to 10,000 ATMs in country and way more than 1.5 millions ATMs worldwide.
Limits of usage
- Withdrawal of cash through ATMs = PKR 200,000 per day
- Shop at PoS/eCommerce = PKR 200,000 per day
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Debit Cards in Pakistan
Which bank has best debit card in Pakistan?
My personal favourite bank for debit card is Standard Chartered.
Which bank is best in Pakistan?
My personal favourite bank is Standard Chartered. However it is slightly expensive as compared to other banks.
Which bank debit card is best for online shopping in Pakistan?
Although Standard chartered is my personal favourite, yet i found Meezan debit cards extremely good for online shopping purpose.
Can I use my debit card in Pakistan?
Yes, in Pakistan you can easily use cards with Master Card and Debit Card Logo.
Which debit card is best for offers?
Personally in my experience, Bank Alfalah Gold card is widely popular with most effective discount offers. The second number is with HBL. However you never know about when you see an offer from any card.
Is my debit card pre activated for online shopping?
Not every card is always on for online shopping. For instance, Standard Chartered & Meezan Bank Cards are always activated for online use and banks like Bank Alfalah requires you to call them every time to activate the session. So it varies from Bank to Bank.
How can I pay AliExpress in Pakistan?
AliExpress Pays with all major cards in Pakistan.
Which Debit Card Can I Use to Pay for Facebook Ads and Google Ads in Pakistan?
First of all, please note that there is a difference between debit card and credit cards. As far as debit card is concerned, personally Meezan Bank debit cards with a Visa or Master logo are good to work for online use, however you can use any credit card of any bank for Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
Which card is best for online payment?
Standard Chartered Card is my personal favourite.
How can I pay Facebook from Pakistan?
Via Credit Cards or Debit Cards.
Can we buy from AliExpress in Pakistan using Debit Card?
Yes you can buy from Aliexpress from debit card in Pakistan.
Which is Best bank for online shopping in pakistan?
What is best debit card for online shopping?
Meezan Bank Titanium card is one of the best debit card to be used for online shopping in Pakistan.
Concluding section of Best debit cards in Pakistan
Now we are almost nearing to conclude our research where we were able to find the 12 exclusively best debit cards in Pakistan.
With the booming banking industry within the country, the necessity to have a bank account with the best of the debit cards; you cannot really do well to keep up with many financial needs for your personal and business use.
Always visiting your bank to withdraw the money in cash format is only and ONLY a full-fledged risk-generating task, and you need to always get in the long queue to withdraw the little to big amount of sum.
So, why would you do that when you can get the debit card right in your pocket that would give you the fast and easy access to your money, every time?
And, of course, for the international transaction; you do not need to be in touch with the unknown and 3rd-party facilitators to facilitate you to make international payments.
So… Pick from the 12 best debit cards that I covered for you and turn your life to become easier! 🙂