How to Fix an Google Adwords Suspended Account? [Complete Guide](Last Updated On: June 19, 2018)
It’s been more then 6 Years I have been dealing with Adwords and during the journey, I have received several complaints from people on there Adwords Account suspension. Some people admit their mistake and some were unaware of Adwords strict policies and some literally had no idea on what caused this suspension. On the other hand, Adwords team is a little rude. (Thanks to scammers, policy violators and other reasons.)
So this is going to be a complete guide to get your Adwords Account Fixed.
- 1 Summary of the Article
- 2 Why Google Adwords Suspend Accounts?
- 3 Let’s have a look on Common Adwords Suspension Notices
- 4 Find the reason/Investigation
- 5 Each Suspension Message has it’s own reason for suspension
- 6 Solution
- 7 Note down :
- 8 Contacting Google Team :
- 9 Patience
- 10 Some recent CASE Studies where I was able to Un-Suspend few accounts successfully :
- 11 Hire Me To Get The Job Done :
- 12 Buy A New Google Adwords Account
- 13 Adwords and SEO Management :
- 14 Resources :
- 15 Also Read :
- 16 Caution :
- 17 Conclusion on Google Adwords Suspension :
Summary of the Article
This article will highlight the following things.
- Why Google Adwords Suspend their Advertiser’s Account?
- What are the common notices Adwords Sent for Account Suspension?
- Investigation and Determining the reason for your Account Suspension.
- How to Fix the Violations?
- How to Submit for an appeal and get your Adwords Account Back?
- How to Re-activate your Google Adwords Suspended Account?
So let’s start
Why Google Adwords Suspend Accounts?
Let’s discuss the common reasons, why Google Adwords Suspend your Account.
- Your website is not following Google Adwords Policies.(It can be copyrighted content, gambling content, pornography, under-construction content, misleading content or anything which is not being allowed on Google.)
- Your account has malicious ads, sites, or apps
- Your advertising strategy is based on traffic generation and you are not committed to provide a good user experience. (Poor content.)
- Your ads are misleading and you are advertising wrong about your business/service or website. (For example, you are saying that you provide Free Web Hosting but you are secretly charging $100 for it (or) For more information, please have a look at False Advertising.)
- You are doing cloaking. (Where a different website is shown to Google Editorial team and a user see’s a different website.)
- You are using multiple Google Adwords Account for Same Business.
- You are using same billing details for multiple Adwords Accounts.
- Your account is closely related to an ‘already suspended account’
- Having trademark issues.
- Your website is selling illegal services.
- Repeat Policy Violations. (One of the major issues people face!!!).
- The Display URL and Destination URL in Ads is Different. [Violation of Ad Policies]
- Unauthorized Access.
- Sharing your Account with others.
A part from the above mentioned reasons, there are times when your Adwords Account is mistakenly being suspended by the Google Adwords team, the above mentioned issues are some of the main reasons why most of the time your Account is suspended, however in reality, the case may vary.
For more information on what Adwords say, Please have a look on Adwords Policies regarding suspended Accounts.
Let’s have a look on Common Adwords Suspension Notices
- Your Google AdWords account has been suspended for violation of Google’s Advertising Policies in this or a related account.
- Your Google AdWords account has been permanently suspended for repeated violation of AdWords or Landing Page and Site policies in this or a related account.
- Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified. Learn more
- Your Google AdWords account has been temporarily suspended due to suspected unauthorized access attempts.
Find the reason/Investigation
Now the first thing you need to do is to find out the reason, why Adwords have suspended your account, because that is the first thing you need to do to get your Account back.
Each Suspension Message has it’s own reason for suspension
Your Google AdWords account has been suspended for violation of Google’s Advertising Policies in this or a related account.
If you have got this suspension message, it means your Account has been suspended for one of the following reasons;
- You had a previously Banned Account.
- You are using black-listed keywords such as Tobacco, Cigarrettes, Casino, Porn.
- Un-allowed redirects and cloaking, you show something different to Google Spiders/Crawlers and different to the audience who are landing through clicking on your ad.
- Repeated Disapproved Ads are also one of the reasons why your account was being suspended, note that Adwords suspend your Account after an ad is disapproved, but they suspend when you do it excessively.
- Sudden Budget Increase is harmful for Adwords Account and can put your account in Adwords radar which may lead to the account suspension.
- If you have tried using an already suspended domain or website, then thats the reason for your account suspension.
Your Google AdWords account has been permanently suspended for repeated violation of AdWords or Landing Page and Site policies in this or a related account.
There are many reasons if this message was displayed along with your Google Adwords Account suspension, however I’m summarizing few of them.
- Your landing page is violating the Google TOS (Terms of Service)
- You are sending traffic directly to Affiliate Offers. (Google does not allow that, Google wants you to have a landing page on your own. You can only send direct traffic to that offer if you are the owner of that website otherwise you need a landing page.
- You are trying to advertise or promote restricted products or services such as Tobacco, Cigarrettes, Casino, Porn.
Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified. Learn more
Such type of Account suspensions occurs when you enter fake billing information, typically done using virtual credit card and entering random names and profiles, Google is smart enough to detect that.
Your Google AdWords account has been temporarily suspended due to suspected unauthorized access attempts.
This usually happens when you try to log into your account using public proxies, random VPN, RDP or from a remote location from where Adwords didn’t expect you to login. I do travel a lot and it’s never been an issue for me while logging in from another country but remote locations, VPN, RDP and Public proxies are different things.
This is a new kind of error with Google updated their policy and they states this when people have similar or diversify content and they are promoting it through single or multiple accounts over adwords. ‘We don’t allow advertisers to promote the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries’.
Once you have find the reason, such as why your account was being suspended, let’s move on to the next step, where we will be finding different solutions to get the account re-instated.
1) Fix your Suspended Site :
If your website is being suspended, then Adwords have written a strategy on how to fix your suspended site and how to re-submit for a review. Click here for more details on that.
2) Fix the Disapproved Ads :
If your ads are being disapproved, please checkout the Adwords Policies on ‘How to Fix Disapproved Ads’ to get it corrected.
3) Asking Google For Policy Questions :
If you are still confused and have doubts and want Adwords to answer your questions on ‘Ads’ or ‘Policy’, Please ask them here.
4) Any other reason :
Checkout the above reasons to see why your Adwords Account is being suspended, once you get a clear idea on what was the main reason your account was suspended, you can then move on to the next step.
As a rule, Please do not submit your ads for review until you’re sure that the violations are fixed. If you are still having a trouble in finding the exact reason, it’s always better to hire a Professional.
Note down :
Once you figure out, what was wrong with your Account, please write down everything, what was wrong and what steps you have taken to correct. For instance, if your website violated Ad policies, what steps you have taken to correct it, if your account was being used from a remote place (un-authorized access) what was the reason? and a clear strategy on you will not do it again.
Contacting Google Team :
Your next strategy should be to reach Google Adwords Team, there are multiple ways for this. One way is to file an appeal regarding Adwords Account Suspension and the other best way is to call them. Personally, I always prefer to call them, since I’m a part of a Google Partner Company and we have a personal rep, If you are confused here on how to go ahead or have some reservations or hesitations, You can always ask your Adwords Account Manager to do these things, in case if you want me to do it for you, you can hire me for this.
- The strategy here is to be that you need to be a professional and want to give an impression that you are very serious regarding your Business and it’s relation with Google Adwords so that Google team can understand your situation.
- The next thing to keep in mind is that, you need to inform them on what kind of policies you violated and how you rectified them. (Please be descriptive as much as possible, You want Google to know that you are keen to maintain a healthy relation with them.)
- Ask them too for any other changes which are need to be done and how you can stay safe from these suspension notices. (Even if you know all these, it’s still better to ask them.)
Patience is the key here, as you need to be patient so you can be taken care properly. Please keep in mind that the review and the whole process can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks, and you may need to call multiple times to get your issue resolved. (Depending upon the situation). A part from Adwords Management, I also provide services to get your account restored, so you can reach me for that too.
Some recent CASE Studies where I was able to Un-Suspend few accounts successfully :
Here is the look for recent case studies where I was able to successfully unsuspend adwords account :
Hire Me To Get The Job Done :
At the moment, I charge $249 per Adwords Case Suspension. In case you are interested, please fill the form below and let’s get in touch. Keep in mind that I also offer Adwords Management and Maintenance too.
Buy A New Google Adwords Account
In case if you are looking to buy a new Google Adwords Account from our Google Partner MCC, it will cost you $249 and if it doesn’t violate any adwords policies and follow the instructions provided, it will also have 10 days replacement warranty. Please make sure that our accounts are always better than normal accounts since we are a Google Partner Company.
Adwords and SEO Management :
If you are looking me to assist with your existing or new adwords campaigns or u need to improve your organic rankings, I can assist you as well in it.
Do checkout the below resources, for sure it will be a great help for you to read.
- Google Adwords
- Adwords Management Services
- Adwords Advertising Policies
- Why Adwords Account Get Suspended
- False and Misleading Advertisement.
- Fix a Disapproved Ad
- Fix a Suspended Site
- Request a Site Review
- Google Adwords Account Appeal Request Form
- Contact Google Adwords Team
- Hire me for Restoring your Adwords Account.
- How to make money on instagram
Also Read :
Please make sure to have a look on these articles too, they are going to be a great resource for you.
- How to Make a Successful PPC Campaign?
- Google Adwords Secret Guide – Top Questions, Tools & Tricks Revealed!
- [TUTORIAL] How to Write an Advertisement on Google & Facebook which Converts?
- Quickly Optimize Your Google Adwords Campaign in 30 minutes with these 10 Strategies
Please note that, the above methods ‘Does not’ always work, however it is seemed to be effective for majority of times, and the steps laid above are all what you need for account restoration however if you are looking for me to assist you, then don’t hesitate to contact me.
Conclusion on Google Adwords Suspension :
What’s your take on the article? Did you like this article on how to reactivate your google adwords suspended account? What points regarding Adwords Suspension I missed? What would you want me to add in it? What strategies worked for you to get your Adwords Account? Will you follow this guide? Make sure to comment.