4K Monitors are state-of-the-art display monitors that are creating buzz around the tech and electronics communities worldwide. You can have variety of options in them, such as the best 4k curved monitor has a slightly inward curved screen, ultra quality, wide screen size, and mesmerizing aspect ratio which is some of the credentials of this new display monitor technology. This thing has been around for quite some time now, while other variants designed are exclusively for gaming and for wide angle purposes.
Some of the biggest electronic brands are competing in this genre. Samsung, HP, Acer, Dell, Philips, and LG are among the top brands that consumers normally look at for their purchase. However, there many more brands that could be doing well. We’ll discuss some of the best curved monitors on the market, but do your survey and research before making a purchase decision. If you’re considering buying the best 4K curved monitor ranging from $270 to $2,800 in 2018, then this article could help. Make sure to read the basics of the curved monitor beforehand. As far as the resolution is concerned, some of the best curved monitors on the market are 4K. The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160p. This guide explains the difference between Ultra HD and 4K in a nutshell.
- 1 Best 4K Monitors Review in 2019
- 1.1 Samsung C27F591 27-Inch Curved Monitor – [Best 4K Monitor for Gaming]
- 1.2 LG 34UC80-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor – [Best 4K Curved Monitor for Gaming]
- 1.3 Samsung CF791 Series 34-Inch Curved Widescreen Monitor – [4K Monitor with Ideal Design for Gaming]
- 1.4 Philips BDM4037UW 40-Inch Curved 4K LED Wide Monitor
- 1.5 LG 38UC99-W 38-Inch Curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS Monitor
- 1.6 Samsung 27-Inch Curved LED-Lit Monitor S27D590C – Best Cheap 4k Curved Monitor on Budget
- 1.7 Other 4k Curved Monitors to Consider
- 1.8 What is a 4K Monitor?
- 1.9 What is a Curved Monitor?
- 1.10 Why a Curved Monitor?
- 1.11 Questions to ask before buying a good 4k monitor?
- 1.12 Things to consider before buying a 4K Monitor
- 1.13 5 Main Purposes of Using a 4K Curved Monitor
- 1.14 3 Negative Things About 4k Monitors :
- 1.15 They need more care :
- 1.16 Additional Resources & Frequently asked Questions on Best 4K Monitors
- 1.17 Your Turn and final verdict on Best 4k Curved/Wide/Gaming Monitors Review
Best 4K Monitors Review in 2019
Checkout the list of my top collection on Best 4K Curved, Wide and Gaming Monitors To Buy in 2018
Samsung C27F591 27-Inch Curved Monitor – [Best 4K Monitor for Gaming]
Samsung C27F591 is a 27-inch curved monitor with built-in speakers. It has 1800R curvature screen that provides a true immersive view. The stylish design and sleek curved shape beautify the overall product. It has powerful, built-in stereo speakers for high-quality sound for watching movies or playing games. The price of this curved monitor is low $xxx.
- Top Ratings – 4.7/5
- Great size for the desk, as per majority people reported.
- Brightness is too wonderful.
- Speakers have good loud voice.
- Only one HDMI port.
- Can broke, needs to be handled with great care.
LG 34UC80-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor – [Best 4K Curved Monitor for Gaming]
This LG ultra wide curved monitor is a 34-inch device with 21:9 aspect ratio. The main features include sRGB over 99%/colour calibrated, USB Quick Charge, adjustable stand, and screen Split. The curved black body along with the grayish borderline over the screen makes the design a whole lot better. The powerful adjustable stand contributes to the product design. It costs mid $xxx.
- 4.4/5 – Great Ratings.
- Amazing Picture Quality.
- Dual input split screen.
- 75 Hz refresh rate. (with Freesync on)
- Built-in USB hub and audio routing.
- Price for What you Pay.
- Some people don’t like too much brightness on their screens, unfortunately this device isn’t for them.
- Some users have complained that the video can’t be spread to whole TV Screen due to 21:9 ratio.
- Average Audio.
Samsung CF791 Series 34-Inch Curved Widescreen Monitor – [4K Monitor with Ideal Design for Gaming]
It’s a 34-Inch CF791 series curved widescreen monitor from Samsung. It has 1500R curvature screen with quantum dot technology supporting sRGB 125%. The aspect ratio is 21:9 which does powerful multi-tasking. One of the best features of this high-tech monitor device is the 100h Hz screen refresh rate & 4ms response time. The price of this curved monitor is between $650 to $750.
- Beautiful Colour Display.
- Ultra-wide format.
- Eye Saver Mode.
- Design is the ideal layout for any gamer out there.
- Slightly expensive.
- Some people have reported dead pixel, so we suggest you to take one with warranty.
- Average speakers.
Philips BDM4037UW 40-Inch Curved 4K LED Wide Monitor
This 40-inch 4K LED monitor has 3000R curvature. Other features include 20M:1 dynamic contrast ratio, stand tilt:-5/10 degree, two HDMI & four USB ports, audio (in/out), 16:9 aspect ratio, and much more. It does have one of the best curved monitor designs on the market. This curved monitor costs between $700 to $800.
- Built-in USB 3.0.
- Image Quality is Awesome. A+++.
- Great size.
- Some people have complained that monitor has horrible ghosting, however some people said, it was okay.
- Needs to be handled with great care.
- Average viewing angles.
LG 38UC99-W 38-Inch Curved UltraWide QHD+ IPS Monitor
LG 38UC99-W is a 38-Inch curved Ultra wide QHD+ IPS monitor with Bluetooth speakers. The 38-inch screen with 21:9 aspect ratio provides 14ms/5ms response time. Other notable features include USB 3.0 quick charge and AMD freeSync technology. It costs more than $1000 though.
- Excellent Monitor.
- Image Quality is Awesome. A+++
- Smart Energy Saver mode.
- 4.2/5 Ratings.
- LG Customer Support is not 10/10.
Other 4k Curved Monitors to Consider
Although I have tried to discuss and explain majority of the curved monitors in the market, but there are some which don’t needs to be forgot.
- VIOTEK GN27D 27 Inch 1440p 144hz Curved Computer Gaming Monitor Samsung VA Panel Freesync FPS RTS Optimized – Best 4K Curved Monitor on the Budget.
- HP Z4W65A4#ABA Z38c LED-Backlit LCD Monitor Curved 37.5″ – Best High End 4k Curved Monitor
- LG 34UC80-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor with USB Quick Charge – Best 4k Curved Monitor For Normal/Average Users
What is a 4K Monitor?
4K Monitor is the unique branch of monitors with high resolution and pixels. They are also known as Ultra HD version with 3840 x 2160 pixels (referring to the approximately 4000 pixel wide display). They are known to have amazing display quality and colour combination with 16:9 aspect ratio.
A 4K monitor can give you a better looking picture for games, along with ability to do heavy sort of video or picture editing with high resolutions so you can even see the slightest of issue in any pixel.
What is a Curved Monitor?
It’s a monitor that has inward-curved edges that provides an immersive view to the human eye. The curve doesn’t seem to be clearly visible, and it gives an ultra-wide aspect ratio to the viewers, especially gamers. However, the curved monitors are widely used in the fields such as filming, photography, aeronautics, etc. The use of curved monitors isn’t limited to gaming or a few fields. Instead, you’ll find this cutting-edge monitor technology being used in IT companies and design agencies.
Why a Curved Monitor?
The curved monitors will be a better choice if you understand the technology beforehand. It comes down to the nature of the job you want to perform. For example, it does help in gaming, especially in first-person shooter games such as Battlefield. The reason for this is that it provides a wide angle in front of the gamer to see, asses, and decide. On the contrary, the regular flat screen monitors might not give the same kind of immersive and large-display experience in gaming.
However, there are different opinions on the use of curved monitors in different fields other than gaming. These monitors are also being used in architecture, engineering, and surveillance. When it comes to the purchase decision, not only does the technical side of the equipment matters in the selection of this kind of monitors, but the style does have its impact on the purchase behaviour.
Questions to ask before buying a good 4k monitor?
Are you going to buy a good monitor for your home or office use? Be sure to get your home work done by working on these aspects.
Price Range :
Does it come in the price range you are looking to buy? You can wait for black friday or christmas deal if you are tight on budget.
I do recommend to go with big brands or well known brands or at least 4k monitors with well known reviews in the market so it can be assured that your investment is safe.
Read out customer reviews :
One thing looking good to your eye’s doesn’t mean its really good, I recommend and suggest you to checkout user opinion on your desired monitor before making a final move.
Warranty and After Sales Support :
Mostly brands have a good customer support so you mostly need to look on the warranty and guarantee details your monitor.
Things to consider before buying a 4K Monitor
There are certain things to keep in mind before making a final move to buy a 4K monitor.
Screen Size :
You need to keep in mind, what screen size you may be comfortable with. I wouldn’t recommend using 4k monitor with anything less than 22 inches, however exceptions are everywhere but make sure you have your home work done before buying.
You need to know what kind of connectivity ports your monitor has and what kind you actually need, this may be an important decision in long run. For instance, some may need a USB, HDMI and an option to connect multiple devices simultaneously, so keep in mind this aspect as well before making a move.
Usually All 4K Curve Monitors have good brightness and you don’t need to consider this as a main factor unless you have bought it for special needs such as gaming, app designing or specific business work. Keep in mind that using full brightness or monitors having extra brightness will put strain on your eye’s, leading you to wear optical glasses.
You are spending huge money on buying a curve monitor, what’s the point of buying unless it provides with an exceptional view. Black level is usually considered to find out the quality of your pixels and it is usually measured in nits, the lower the number, the better viewing experience you can have. Anything equal to or less than 0.5 nts in black level is considered to be exceptionally great.
For some people, Portability plays a role as well, although these type of monitors are not recommended to change every other day, but some people like porting the desktop around themselves, so check to see it’s size, weight and portability before buying.
After Sales Support :
Since 4k monitors are relatively a new technology, so I recommend going with only well known brands or those who have exceptional after sales support because you never know and there might be a problem with your tv, as far as im aware of, there are only very few mechanics or companies apart from main brands who can assist you in repairing, in case if you get an issue.
You can’t ignore the fact, Yes price have a role in your buying decision for the 4k curved monitor. Yes, a $300 4k monitor and a $1200 4k monitor may have the same resolution but it all comes down to connectivity options you need, design you like, brand you would go with and features you would like to use.
5 Main Purposes of Using a 4K Curved Monitor
There are many reasons why people prefer using a 4k curved monitor, some points are already mentioned above, however below are some of the points which worths a mention as well.
To Try The New Curve Screen :
One of the reason is that people are already using flat screen for decades and want to try something new so that is why they prefer trying this new curved screen.
User experience :
Mostly people buy it to try the “immersive” experience, which is widely known for curve screens.
Reduced Reflection :
Due to the curve screen, it has reduced the reflection.
Wider Viewing Angle :
Curve screen has wider viewing angle so you can see more from the same size due to it’s curvy nature.
- Contrast is better than ‘non-curved’ screens
- Curved TVs just look cool
Due to the great nature of the screen, 4k monitors specially in their Curve form produce immensely great 3d like pictures.
3 Negative Things About 4k Monitors :
New Technology comes at a price which you may need to bear since it’s a new technology and it costs a little more for production.
Difficulty in Wall Hanging :
Due to their curved nature, they are slightly difficult for wall hanging. Other issues that may arrive include
- Curved screens need to be big so people don’t have that much wall space available.
- They are curvy in nature and sometimes doesn’t look good on the wall.
They need more care :
Since they have a curvy edge, they need more care because they can be easily breakable.
Best 4K Monitors Professional Gammers and Advanced People Use
There are many 4k monitors being used by professional gammers and advance people (those who use computer very well), however we are preparing the list, so expect it to come soon, if you have any suggestions pass it.
- BenQ EL2870U 28 inch 4K HDR10 Gaming Monitor, UHD 3840×2160, FreeSync, 1ms Response Time, Eye-Care, Brightness Intelligence Plus, HDMI, DP, Built-in Speakers – Best 4K Monitor For Gamers and it’s good on budget as well.
- ASUS VP28UQG 28″ 4K/UHD 3840×2160 1ms DP HDMI Adaptive Sync/FreeSync Eye Care Monitor
- 2018 Newest Premium Samsung 28″ 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Widescreen LED Gaming/Professional Business Monitor – AR 16:9 Response 1ms Response Time 1.07B Color Support Game Mode – [Best For Professionals]
Additional Resources & Frequently asked Questions on Best 4K Monitors
Your Turn and final verdict on Best 4k Curved/Wide/Gaming Monitors Review
I have shared few of the best curved monitors for 2018. I have also tried to discuss in detail on what factors you need to consider to consider before buying it. If you’re planning on buying a 4K curved monitor in 2018, then let us know what price range and brands you’re looking into, and more importantly what the purpose of your purchase is, for example, gaming or Home TV — a lot of consumers that go for curved monitors are much more into gaming.
Obviously, with so many best 4k monitors in the market, it becomes a really difficult decision for one to buy something with ease.
Hopefully you might like this list, don’t forget that I put an extensive hours of research in finding the best possible monitors for you, but remember, 4K monitors are such a love that No matter which monitor you choose, you’re going to love it.
Did you made your opinion on buying a 4k curve monitor after reading this article, if yes then let me know via comments below with which one you are going to go with?