Every day, more and more people are joining the blogging world. Setting up a blog is a very easy to do process and most people not take more then 15 minutes in setting up a good professional looking blog.
Today, I’m going to reveal a step by step strategy on How You can Start your own Blog in just 15 minutes.
P.S. Grab a cup of tea (or) coffee (whichever you prefer) and start with step 1 as I have divided the procedure into steps so that it becomes easy to follow, if you get a problem some where while installation with the blog please contact me.
- 11 Reasons You Should Start Blogging! – [Blogging Series Part 2]
- 14 Essential Settings for your WordPress Blog! – [Blogging Series Part 3]
- Top WordPress Plugins For Your Blog – [Blogging Series Part4]
- How to Get Traffic to Your Blog ? – [Blogging Series Part 5]
- How To Make Money from Blogging – [Blogging Series Part 6]
Ready to create your own blog today? Let’s get started…
How to Start Your Own Blog in 15 minutes
1. Choosing Your Domain
This is going to be the first and a very important decision, because selecting a good domain can be tough, as it’s going to be your brand identity and you need to chose it wisely.
One thought I would like to add here is that, your decision should also vary according to what type of blog you are going to start, If you are going to start with a Company Blog, then the domain should reflect the name of your brand and if it’s a niche blog, then the domain should give an idea on what’s a user going to see in your blog.
Please get your FREE Domain with Bluehost, if you are going to signup for there 12 months hosting plan, the 12 month plan has reduced prices too and What if I tell you that if you are not satisfied with there service, you can even cancel it after 11 months and it’s not a joke!
Your Preference should be the ‘start up’ package, as it’s cheap, effective and get you a FREE Domain too (with 12 months hosting option), however if you want to host more then 5 domains or you are looking for more coupons to start your marketing campaigns online, then you may consider ‘plus’ or ‘business pro’ plan too, not only it have more resources but additionally they provides up to $200 worth of marketing coupons.
2.Choosing a Web Host :
There are many reasons to understand why it is necessary to pay extra attention in finding a good web host for your site. As I have been saying that Bluehost should be the best choice, it’s because it has so far satisfied with me all of there services.
However, as a general information, before choosing any web host, you need to have few things in mind
- How Much I’m Paying and What I’m going to get?
- What Features I’m looking (cPanel, Unlimited Email accounts etc)?
- What is there After Sales Support? (Please don’t forget, it’s a very important thing).
- What is there up-time and how they are compared in market for that?
- Do they have money back guarantee, in case if something goes wrong?
If you are looking to host your blog, company site or a website online and looking for a company which meets all the criteria I mentioned above, then look no further and signup at Bluehost!
Now let’s summarize,
- Goto Bluehost and click the ‘Get Started Button’
- Select the package you would like to opt for.
- Enter your domain, in case if you haven’t get one, signup for your new domain here.
- Enter your personal profile and update Billing Information
- Lastly, You will be asked to enter a password, as always make sure it should be very secure.
- Check your email with all the instructions and details regarding your hosting and domain.
3. Install WordPress
- Check your Welcome Email from Bluehost, as it will contain a link to your cPanel and how to access it.
- Once you logged into cPanel, find the part that says ‘Mojo Marketplace‘
- Click the “Once Click Install” Button
- Now we will select ‘WordPress’
- Please press the start button now
- Choose the Domain You want to install your blog into.
- Once you have entered necessary information, which contains your name, email address and installation and have read the terms & agreement, please select the ‘Install button‘
In fact, if you are still having any trouble at all on setting-up your blog with this tutorial, just contact me and I will do it for you. BlueHost compensates me when you purchase through my link, so my services are free of charge to you! –
WOHO! You now have a WordPress blog, Congratulations for that! Now You will have to work on working a good design and producing High quality content for your blog.
Some Points to Remember :
- Remember your email, username and password which you associated with your WordPress Blog, it’s important!
- To sign into your WordPress Admin area, you need to add (/wp-admin) to your domain, for example, if our website name is example.com, our wordpress admin are can be found at (http://example.com/wp-admin)
- Remember to setup your blog settings, such as Title, Permalinks, commenting and other things by Going to Settings from Your WP Admin Panel.
- For Installing a theme, please goto Appearance and then -> Themes from your WP-Admin Panel.
- For Writing a new page, please move onto posts section and goto -> Add New to write a new post, You can add videos, images, content, hyperlink or anything you like to show in your posts.
- If you want to add a new page, simply click ‘Pages’ and press the ‘Add New’ option from there.
Conclusion and Looking Further on How to Start Your Blog:
Once you have setup a good looking blog, please work on finding your audience, listening to them and there expectations with your blog. So please keep on improving, there’s nothing as perfect. Don’t forget to read my article on How to Convert Visitors Into Subscribers and do have a look on 10 Ways to Improve Your Website Conversion Rate & A Complete Guide on Website Optimization too.
In the end, would you like to share your blog or discuss the blogging mistakes? please do comment, thanks.