Making Money Online is something which everybody is searching online. According to SEMRush, Making Money Online, Combined with How To Make Money Online combined is being searched more then 120,000 times a month.
I also posted an article on Beginners Guide to Making Money Online where i mentioned a lot of things. Today, I’m going to discuss something more exciting and great, yes right! ‘How To Make Money With ClickBank?’
So What You Will Learn In This Article?
- What Is ClickBank?
- Why ClickBank?
- Things I like and I don’t about ClickBank
- Different ClickBank Metrics
- How To Pick The Right Product To Promote?
- How To Promote The ClickBank Product?
- Bonus Methods
- Point To Remember
What Is ClickBank?
As per wikipedia, “ClickBank is a privately held online marketplace for digital information products. It aims to serve as a connection between digital content creators (also known as vendors) and affiliate marketers, who then promote them to consumers.”
Why Click Bank?
There are many reasons to trust Clickbank, few such are that it is one of the oldest Affiliate Programs, founded in 1998. They have over 12,000 Digital Vendors with 100,000 Active Affiliates, according to Affilorama. Additionally, they are good on spending payments and have very rare case of account suspension especially if you compare it with Google Adsense.
Things I like about ClickBank
- Trusted and old network.
- Payments are always on time.
- There is no registration fee’s.
- Unlike other Affiliate Programs, it’s easier to get in.
- They have a Real time reporting.
- They have ample of products to choose and promote.
- The Promotions policies are easier as compared to other networks.
Things I don’t like about ClickBank
- Let’s say a user signups for the free opt-in provided by the vendor and later converts, I’m not credited for that, all the time.
- I can’t link directly to testimonials page or other pages, instead i can only send traffic to main page.
- In case of trouble, disputes, there is no easy way to directly communicate with the publisher.
- For my first withdrawl, I have to be paid by at least 5 different people with one of them having a Visa and 1 being Mastercard. (Big turn off)
However even then, Clickbanks turns out to be a good source of recurring income for me.
Different ClickBank Metrics
Clickbank Have difference metrics which are necessary to understand in product selection.
- Initial $/sale: The average amount of money affiliates make per sale.
- Avg %/sale: The % of the sales price affiliates take as a commission on average. Let’s say a product price is $100 and you are paid 60% it means, you will earn $60.
- Grav: Gravity, the number of affiliates that sold this product in the last 12 weeks. The higher the gravity, it means the product is in trend and more people are buying it.
- Avg Rebill Total: Average $ affiliates take as a commission as a result of rebills and recurring revenue from the same product.
- Avg %/Rebill: % of rebills paid to the affiliate, on average.
How to Pick the Right Product to Promote?
First thing you need to do is to select a niche you are interested to work in, I know not every niche is for everyone, so choose the niche in which you have got more interest. If you are looking for ever green niches, then you can consider Weight loss, fitness, Diabetes as ever green niches, off courses there are many more in the list.
Now you have selected your niche, you need to find a product which has :
- High Gravity, it means people are interested in that product and it’s high on demand. For some people, products with lower gravity do works as well, but if you are starting out, only consider the high gravity products. However, in any situation, the gravity under 20 is a ‘NO GO area’
- Product price should be under $100 if it’s your first product you are promoting from clickbank. Not only it will be easier to sell but it will motivate you to for further sales. Products having $500 seems a lot more profit but at the same time, they are much harder to promote.
- Have a deep look on video and sales page, if you are not convinced, you will not be able to convince someone.
Creating Your Affiliate Link
Let’s say in Products, I select the Product, ‘Diabetes Destroyer’ which has a gravity of 289.41
So then Clickbank will ask you to enter your Clickbank username and your Unique Tracking ID and then select the Create Button.
Clickbank will create a unique Affiliate Link to Promote the product, In clickbank terms, it is called clickbank hoplink.
Finally you have got your hoplink ready now it’s the time to promote the product.
How To Promote The ClickBank Products?
Before i point out various methods to promote, make sure, not every method works for everyone, just like all human beings cant have the same face, the same thing doesn’t work for everyone, You have to test each method and then scale the one which works best for you.
Basically there are two ways how you can promote the product.
a) Direct Linking Method: Direct Linking is the method when you directly promote the affiliate link using different promotion strategies mentioned below.
b) In-direct Linking Method : Indirect Linking method is promoting the clickbank products using a landing page, website or via email list. This is a long term and better approach near to many professionals and mostly recommended.
Promoting The ClickBank Product is just same like promoting other Affiliate Programs, There is no special science and there are various ways to do that, let’s discuss some of those.
Promote On Your Existing Website.
If you already have a website, promoting the clickbank product on your existing website by placing banners, links or recommending your user’s to promote your product via your link is a great way you can use to promote and make money through ClickBank.
Just remember, do not over do anything.
Experts says, Money is in the list and it’s true! If you have an email list, it’s a great idea to send a mass mail to your subscribers informing about the product. You can also attach the email box in case if you make a review website, like i mentioned below. The reason many marketers emphasize in Email Marketing is because user’s need some sort of attachment, relation and a little more convincing finally before they build a trust to buy from you and Email Marketing helps you with that. Aweber is a great service to start with.
I also have written an article on How to Start building an Email List To Grow Your Business?. Do check it out, if you have no idea about list building.
Selling Through a Review Website
This is something I will personally recommend too. Having a review websites encourage users to understand more about the product benefits and features via the review and testimonials but it also opens many more windows to promote your product such as SEO, Blog Commenting, PPC, Email Marketing and a lot more. If you are just blank about website creation, my article on How to create a business website in 1 day? is gonna be a saviour for too, so do check it. In case if you are going to start via a Blog, Just checkout How you can create and setup your blog in 15 minutes? . Obviously, Bluehost is my preferred hosting method.
Points to Note :
- Make sure to use newsletter/email list so the user’s are not wasted. Since i feel there is a cost associated to bring any visitor to your website. So why waste them? Instead convert them later on with a series of automated emails.
Another great method to promote is via a Review Video. According to various surveys, most user’s need a little convincing or recommendation from someone before they buy a product and review videos plays a key role here, not only they convince the user to buy the product but it also helps in imagining them the benefits they will get after using the product or service.
If you are staring out, then do checkout my complete guide on video marketing. Sparkol is a great tool to design your videos. In case you don’t have to time to work on this, you can always outsource this to Fiverr and get your work done in few bucks.
Youtube should be your first preference for uploading videos but other platforms such as Vimeo and Dailymotion are good to work with as well.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
SEO method won’t work until and unless you have your own website or landing page to promote. Make sure to have a user friendly website, with at least 5 relevant articles, terms of service, about us and contact us page, so it may looks decent to both Search Engine and to user’s.
SEO is still gonna be a gold mine for you if have a review video, however Social Media websites can disable your video anytime, based on complaints either by users or your competitors and your whole effort can go into waste, so select your methods wisely.
When working with SEO, don’t forget there is life after Google as well and there are various other search engines as well such as Yahoo and Bing.
Make sure, your article are seo optimised with seo friendly url structures and have a good flow of back links coming on daily basis with anchor text variation from different sources. Good idea is to diversify your strategy.
Social Media is a new trend in the online industry. People use Social Media to communicate, with each other. More and more brands are coming it and in case you want people to notice what you are promoting, Social media is a great channel to highlight. You can promote the Clickbank Products here on your current Social Network, Groups, Fan Pages and other channels.
There are various Social Media Networks, However i will consider promoting the product at following Social Media Networks.
Obviously, if you have find any other network useful, do write it in comments and I will add it in the article.
PPC (Pay Per Click)/Paid Advertising
Weather you are doing Direct Linking or Sending Traffic to a Landing Page, it’s a great idea to utilise PPC Programs. There are various PPC Networks you can choose to start advertising your link/landing page/website.
In case if you are starting out with PPC, do checkout my article on How to Make A Successful PPC Campaign?
Do check the following PPC Networks which i feel are the best networks to start with.
- Google Adwords (Read my article on Quickly Optimize Your Adwords Campaign)
- Facebook Ads (Read my article on Facebook Ads For Newbies. It’s going to be a great help.)
- Bing Ads.
However there is one thing, I would like to tell is that according to my experience, Adwords is a little choosy when it comes to approving websites which are selling Clickbank products, make sure you are not direct linking to the affiliate website because Adwords will not approve that and even if you have a landing page, there are strict guidelines to follow, but the traffic at Adwords is Gold and highest converting, according to my experience.
Facebook and Bing are easy on other hand to work with either direct or indirect links. In anyway, keep on testing and experiment things so you can stay ahead of your competitors.
I also want to tell you that people have great results with Bing + ClickBank, Since Bing is easy with accepting Clickbank products, so you need to give this method a try as well.
Discussion Forums relevant to your niche can also be a great source for more visitors and customers. What you can do is, either do backlink analysis of your competitors using SEMRush and find all the forums where he has posted his website links or Google the relevant forums, start participating in discussions and eventually send them to your website, after building some authority on those forums. Off course the whole process can be time consuming but worth every second.
Again, I will recommend SEMRush here to find all the websites where your competitors has posted his website link and do the same. Not only this will help you in generating more visitors but it will also help you in improving organic rankings, in case if you are doing SEO as well.
A good idea is to keep on building at least 5 to 10 relevant comments on relevant blogs on daily basis.
Bonus Method :
Keyword Research :
If you are going to promote through a website, seo or via ppc, keyword research is going to be very important for your success. I wrote an article on How To Do the Keyword Research, do check it out, it will help you in finding the best keywords to target.
Competitor Spying :
If you find websites as your competitors, Use SEMRush backlink tool to find out the amount of backlinks your competitors have and then try to replicate or post on the same pages as of them. If you want to know how you can find backlinks of your Competitors using SEMRush, do checkout my SEMRush Article.
Points To Remember
- 90% of the time, majority of the people will fail the first time they attempt to make money with clickbank, only those people who never give up go ahead and get success.
- If one promotion method doesn’t work for you, you can always move to the second one.
- List down at least 3 to 5 products to promote, If you only start with 1 and doesn’t get success, chances are that you will not work ahead and will get de-motivated, instead.
- Lay down your plan, if you are going to spend money on video production, seo or ppc, list down your budget, pre-plan everything and have patience so the plan goes smoothly.
Clickbank is a fairly simple and easy to use Affiliate Programs. I tried to write a simple yet effective review to start with it. I have tried to explain the product selection and promotion deeply, hope you liked it.
So What Are Your Thoughts? Did You Like The Product? Are you going to start Promoting ClickBank Products and Start Making Money Out Of It? Do Post Your Comments about this article!