Let’s admit that you want to know how to make money on Instagram, that’s why you clicked on this blog post. It’s good. A lot of you might have a little bit of idea of how to make money online because the majority of this blog readership are either interested in digital marketing, SEO and blogging or they’re business owners who advertise through Facebook Ads or Google Adwords.
I must say that the way social media is evolving, the opportunities to marketing and scaling the businesses are growing.
- 1 How To Make Money on Instagram in 2019 – Step by Step Process
- 1.1 Step #1: Define your Instagram Personality – Very Important if you want to make money on instagram
- 1.2 Step #2: Build a Connection with the Audience
- 1.3 Step #3: Strategize Your Content Plan
- 1.4 Four important pillars for content plan for making money on instagram:
- 1.5 Step 4: Explore the Monetisation and Making Money Online on Instagram Opportunities
- 1.6 Sponsored Posts as an Influencer To Make Money on Instagram
- 1.7 Selling Your Merchandise For Quick Money from Instagram
- 1.8 Become an Affiliate Marketer for Earning through Instagram
- 1.9 Launch Your E-commerce Store and Start Making Money with Instagram
- 1.10 Become a storytelling consultant
- 1.11 Promote Your Instagram Videos to Your Youtube Audience
- 1.12 Post your travelling pictures around the world on instagram and start your travel consulting business
- 1.13 Instagram case studies
- 1.14 How much famous people earn from Instagram?
- 2 9 Strategies to Follow to Maximise Your Earnings on Instagram
- 2.1 Complete Fill Your Bio Information :
- 2.2 Start building a solid follower ship
- 2.3 Always provide a link to your blog or website :
- 2.4 Ask your clients for testimonials :
- 2.5 Maximise your productivity :
- 2.6 Invest money in buying good gadgets :
- 2.7 How to Grow Instagram Followers :
- 2.8 Find Instagram Influences for ShoutOuts :
- 2.9 Frequently Asked Questions on How To Make Money with Instagram
- 2.9.1 How much money can you make on instagram?
- 2.9.2 Are you earning any money from instagram?
- 2.9.3 Is Earning through Instagram a scam?
- 2.9.4 How many followers do I need to make money from Instagram?
- 2.9.5 How do I make money through Instagram?
- 2.9.6 Does Instagram pay you via Adsense?
- 2.9.7 Can I make money through Instagram if I have a private account?
- 2.9.8 How much $ do they usually charge per 1000 followers or likes on that post?
- 2.9.9 Do I need a marketing email in my bio or just any link in my bio that a person can click on to pay me?
- 2.9.10 Can Instagram pay you?
- 2.9.11 Who are the Highest Paid Instagrammers?
- 2.9.12 Who has the most followers on Instagram 2019?
- 2.9.13 I’m younger then 18, can i still earn from Instagram?
- 2.9.14 Any more questions related to working with Instagram?
- 2.10 Conclusion on How to Make Money on Instagram in 2019
What is Instagram?
Have you ever wondered about Instagram?
Do you know a lot of people get paid for uploading on Instagram?
Well, you may have joined Instagram back in 2014 and ever since you open the account and post a selfie once or twice a week. Let me tell you, that’s not what it takes. You have to understand the Instagram game in order to reach the point where you stand out, or in other words, you start to look authoritative among the people who are following you.
The user base at Instagram has quickly doubled or even tripled, and has crossed the mark of 700 million users.
Pretty impressive data, isn’t it?
Since you’re here and seem interested in knowing about money making on Instagram. So I’ll dig deeper and try to elaborate the Instagram money making with the best of my abilities.
In this blog post, you’ll learn:
- How Instagram works?
- Can people make money on Instagram?
- Learn How you can start it today?
- What it takes to make money on Instagram
- Who pays money to the Instagrammers?
Cool isn’t it?
Now let’s read more facts before we get started.
SproutSocial has an interesting facts to share, as per their instagram stats,
- 7 out of 10 Hashtags on Instagram Are Branded
- 71% of US Businesses Are Using Instagram in 2017
- 80% of Users Follow At Least One Business on Instagram
- Instagram Mobile Ad Revenue to Hit Nearly $7 Billion in 2018
Do you know that there are currently over 8 million business profiles on instagram? which demonstrates how big the market and potential is.
Fair enough to start your career with instagram?
How To Make Money on Instagram in 2019 – Step by Step Process
Step #1: Define your Instagram Personality – Very Important if you want to make money on instagram
It all begins from here. You must know yourself. The Instagram personality means what you want to create, share, and deliver. You shouldn’t be posting cat pictures if you run a cars rental business. Similarly, it does count in all other fields as well. You must clarify:
- Who you are
- What you want
- Who you want to reach out
- What you can do for the audience
At this stage, you must clarify your ambition and passion in order to proceed. If you set things right at this point, a lot of things will go down right for you.
Let’s take an example:
If you’re a food blogger, your Instagram photos must reflect that. From your Instagram handle to each and every photo, the idea of food blogging must reflect from it. Your Instagram shouldn’t be telling about the TV series that you’re watching these days. Instead, it should tell what foods you’re interested in, what fruits you’re eating these days, and what you’ve got in the grocery, maybe.
If you want to take something out of the first step, it’s sticking to your thing on Instagram and don’t getting distracted by the other things. Consider it the first and the foremost rule of money making on Instagram. Because it plays a vital role in becoming an authority.
Ivan Ivanov, at Business2Community.com, In his article on, How to Build a Brand Personality That Resonates on Instagram? mentioned key points on this, so i suggest you to consider visit it as well.
Shirley Braha, for example defined her niche about rescue pup, on her instagram account, Marnie The Dog,
With over two million followers on the account, Braha says in her interview explained that she earns way more from Instagram than she did when she worked full time job. Inspiring isn’t it?
Step #2: Build a Connection with the Audience
Once you start pushing the content on Instagram, you’ll start to see the traction. It won’t mean that you would get to build the loyal audience instantaneously but rather it might take some time to reach to that position.
What you need to do if you want to learn on how to make money on instagram is that you need to start building the connection with the audience and to do that, you’ll need to plan this out. You must do following things:
a) – Create a Routine:
Show up every day or on a schedule would be a huge deal. You must make your audience develop the habit of showing up at the scheduled time or on a specific date. It depends on the creator, though.
b) – Train to Interact:
You can also develop the habit of engaging with you. Ask questions in your Instagram posts or in the caption and encourage them to answer in the comments. Use the Instagram videos as well for this sort of interaction.
c) – Give more than you ask:
You must be on the giving side, whether you’re sharing an inspirational quote from your favorite author or sharing a lesson from your personal experience. Make sure the content you’re pushing out there is worth consuming. You must give more than you ask.
The connection building is crucial to your Instagram success. It goes deep into everything. For instance, if you have a strong connection with your audience and you post something, a lot of followers like it, comment on it, and diehard fans might repost it or mention you on social media etc.
Stephen, in his article, Secret to Connecting With Your Audience, shared his experiences on how he connected with his audience and how it gave him huge benefits.
You might not know the power of the connection with the audience. It begins with the delivery of value and just becomes a reality when you build a habit of giving them away and you never stop doing it. When someone does that, the audience forgets to ignore them. They just fall in love with the individual or brand that continuously delivers the content that they love.
Step #3: Strategize Your Content Plan
At step 3, for learning on how to make money from instagram you need to understand the inside game of the Instagram platform. Strategizing the content plan means that you need to build a strategy of your Instagram plan. You don’t get everything right on day 1. It takes time. The awareness does the job. If you’re reading, it means you’re being aware of a lot of things regarding using the Instagram.
Let’s come to the Instagram content plan. Before getting deeper into this, don’t let go of first two points because they’re still relevant in the content plan. Don’t forget who you’re creating the content for and be generous towards the followers.
Four important pillars for content plan for making money on instagram:
The images you would create to share or the photos you take to share with the Instagram audience will be a huge impact. This is the reason they’re connected with you. Make sure you keep on improving the quality.
Instagram does have a 60-second video option. You can always leverage the video in your Instagram growth. It could be crucial to your content plan’s success.
P.S. Make Sure You Need to Buy a Good & Cheap Vlogging Camera, if you don’t have one.
The live stream has become a huge trend on social media. And interestingly, it’s rapidly growing. You can always use this for the better. Instagram offers 60-min live streaming session and surely you can live go live again once the you get disconnected after 60 minutes.
The hashtags might seem underrated but they’re not. In fact, these are one of the most important parts of the content on Instagram. Just like Twitter and other social networks, Instagram hashtags are massively important in your Instagram growth.
Now, strategizing the content plan means how you use the content pillars of Instagram. In order to build a content plan for Instagram, you need to figure out following things:
- What to Post: This defines what type of images or videos you want to post. You can definitely test out different types such as quotes, photos, videos etc. In the end, you must have a clear doorway on what to post on Instagram.
- When to Publish: The timing and frequency matter as well. A lot of Instagammers know when their audience opens the Instagram, for example, 5 pm or 9 pm, so they post at a specific time. How much and how often you publish content on Instagram have a role in your Instagram growth and success. If you post a picture taken from a DSLR and edited in Adobe Photoshop once a week and if you take picture smartly through your iPhone and use some editing app to make it look good and post three pictures each day, you’ll have a huge difference in the result.
- What to Offer: This means you must know what you need to get. A lot of brands on Instagram display their products in the pictures and write the detail in the caption like website URL to explain that where people can buy this product from. Moreover, YouTubers put their videos link in the profile bio and tell in the caption that link is in the profile. The point is, being an Instagrammer, you must know what to ask for, what you need to do, or what you need to offer.
Related : How To Make Money on Fiverr?
Step 4: Explore the Monetisation and Making Money Online on Instagram Opportunities
The monetization opportunities are more than we think. In fact, the most of the Instagrammers even don’t know their Instagram account’s worth. Whereas, some of the Instagram influencers with the similar size of audience charge money for posting a single picture. We don’t go into how much they charge because everyone has a different pricing and offering. Brands and influencers negotiate and agree upon the point where things become feasible for both the parties.
The process won’t look difficult when you would reach to this point because before reaching to this point, you would have seen a lot of experiences which would have made you more aware than ever. It doesn’t mean you would only charge for posting pictures or might be able to work with brands when you would have 100k subscribers. In fact, you might end up working with a brand when you reach 1k subscriber. It depends on what you offer and how you present and engage with the brands.
It comes to down to the step #1 and #2 which say about developing your Instagram personality and then engaging with the audience. Of course, if a brand sees that you have 5000 followers on Instagram and your content is relatable to their brand and you’re getting over 1000 like on every picture and 100+ unique comments, then you may seem to appeal some of the brands out there.
Here are some of the monetization ways:
Sponsored Posts as an Influencer To Make Money on Instagram
Sponsored posts is a popular way of monetizing your Instagram. There is no certain amount whatsoever. Different influencers charge different amount of money. It could be $200 to $5000 per post. It depends on the deal and understanding between the brand and the influencer.
A lot of influencers post sponsored content for a specific time period and then delete it. One of the best practices of monetizing Instagram is the use of a #sponsored hashtag in the sponsored content. So that it clarifies that it’s a sponsored content and the creator is paid for the promotion. A lot of Instagram influencers meet the brands through services like Famebit and BrandBacker and easily monetize their Instagram accounts via branded content.
In a survey of 5,000 influencers, around 42% said they charged $200 to $400 per post – Just imagine, how much the brands and companies are willing to pay, if you have an audience.
Related : How To Make Money with ClickBank?
Selling Your Merchandise For Quick Money from Instagram
Merchandise selling is another way of monetization your Instagram. This seems a whole lot difficult than getting sponsored deals for branded content but the Instagrammers don’t always have to do their merchandize themselves. There are services now that could handle your merchandize on demand and you can sit back and relax. Check out Printful and Zazzle.
Become an Affiliate Marketer for Earning through Instagram
The third option for making money on instagram is becoming an affiliate of instagram network. If you don’t go for either one of those that mentioned above, then affiliate marketing comes next. You’re probably aware of affiliate marketing. It’s a process of promoting s