“In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful”
‘Gary Vaynerchuk posted over 1000 videos on YouTube. It changed the course of his family business. Casey Neistat has been filming his life events since 2001 but he actually got the attention in 2015, and ever since, he has become a YouTube sensation.
What people think of an overnight success is actually years of hard work, countless sleepless nights and a lot more. What are you doing today that may change your life in 10 years?’
Welcome to the Yearly report of 2018. It was another successful year. This is the 23rd Progress Report of this Blog. The purpose of this yearly report is to review the amount of work I do every month, along with website, social media and subscribers statistics. In other words, I critique the performance of myself and my blog every month to see where i’m standing. Hope you people like it, but still this is an experimented reports as this is the first time, I’m writing an yearly report, so if you have any suggestions or something should i improve on, please mention it freely.
In case you missed last year report, checkout the 2017 year in review report.
Let’s get started with 2018 chapter.
- 1 Traffic Summary of AliRaza.co in 2018
- 1.1 Total Visitors Received in 2018 :
- 1.2 Comparison with Visitors Received in 2017 :
- 1.3 Critique of Traffic :
- 1.4 Traffic Channels in 2018
- 1.5 Traffic Channels Comparison : 2017 vs 2018 :
- 1.6 Critique
- 1.7 Traffic by Devices
- 1.8 Traffic by Top Countries
- 1.9 Speed Comparison :
- 1.10 Most visited pages in the year 2018 :
- 2 Subscribers :
- 3 Social Media Traffic in 2018
- 4 Articles Published in 2018 [Month Wise]
- 4.1 December 2018
- 4.2 November 2018
- 4.2.1 A Step-by-Step Guide on Landing Pages
- 4.2.2 Blog Theme Selection: How to Choose the Best WordPress Theme
- 4.2.3 Best Nikon Vlogging Camera Review
- 4.2.4 How to Market Your Service as a Freelancer (and Get Clients)
- 4.2.5 WordPress Vs Blogger – What to do in 2019?
- 4.2.6 Best Documentaries On Youtube in 2019
- 4.2.7 How to Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
- 4.2.8 Why Every Newbie Blogger Can’t Make Money with Affiliate Marketing
- 4.2.9 How to Become a Copywriter [Exclusive Guide]
- 4.2.10 How To make quick money in one day
- 4.2.11 Interview With Ankit Singla
- 4.2.12 4 Ways to Improve Your Blogging in a Month
- 4.3 October 2018
- 4.3.1 How to Effectively Use Stories on Snapchat and Instagram
- 4.3.2 7 Tips For Influencer Success In Your Industry
- 4.3.3 Best Digital Voice Recorders Reviews
- 4.3.4 5 Ways to Gain More Subscribers on YouTube
- 4.3.5 Interview with Russell Lobo
- 4.3.6 How to Keep Up with the Social Media Marketing
- 4.3.7 How to Become a famous blogger?
- 4.3.8 How to Grow Your Instagram Followers with Live Streaming
- 4.3.9 Best Gaming Monitors Review
- 4.3.10 Best UltraWide Monitors Review
- 4.3.11 Best Tv Antennas Review
- 4.3.12 Interview with Hisham Sarwar
- 4.3.13 How to Choose Your Blog Name and Domain
- 4.3.14 How to Choose Your Niche as a Freelance Beginner
- 4.3.15 How to GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM Using these 5 tips
- 4.3.16 How to Start a Youtube Channel
- 4.3.17 What You Should Know About Starting a Youtube Channel
- 4.3.18 Why You Should Start a YouTube Channel
- 4.3.19 Best 4K video Cameras/ Camcorders Reviewed
- 4.4 September 2018
- 4.4.1 How to Make Money with Amazon Associates Affiliate Program
- 4.4.2 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Vlogging in 2019
- 4.4.3 How to Up Your Game on Fiverr
- 4.4.4 How to Choose the Right Freelancing Platform
- 4.4.5 SocioOn Review
- 4.4.6 Grammarly Review 2019
- 4.4.7 A Complete Guide to Reducing the Website’s Bounce Rate – [Old Post Updated]
- 4.4.8 Best Point and Shoot Cameras Review
- 4.4.9 Shoppingum Review; Startup, that is transforming E-commerce industry in Pakistan
- 4.4.10 Best Cheap Android TV Box Reviewed
- 4.4.11 Failing to Make Money Online from Blogging? Here’s What You Need to Do
- 4.4.12 Buying Web Hosting? Here’s What You Need to Know
- 4.4.13 August 2018 Monthly Income Report
- 4.5 August 2018
- 4.6 July 2018
- 4.7 June 2018
- 4.8 May 2018
- 4.9 April 2018
- 4.10 March 2018
- 4.11 February 2018
- 4.12 January 2018
- 4.13 Most Commented Posts :
- 4.13.1 The top 3 Most Commented Post of 2018 are :
- 4.13.2 Overall top Commented Posts :
- 4.14 Youtube Channel :
- 4.15 Question of the Month
- 4.16 Physical Training Session Details :
- 4.16.1 Master the art of PPC & Google Adwords
- 4.16.2 SEO Master Workshop
- 4.16.3 Session at Lums, Lahore on Blogging & Vlogging – [I missed it to take pics, my bad]
- 4.16.4 Another Session on Blogging @ Lums, University, Lahore.
- 4.16.5 Digital Marketing for Newbies at Craddlers Taba
- 4.16.6 Session on Blogging & Vlogging at Gujranwala by Ali Raza
- 4.16.7 Session on Branding with Blogging at UET, University, Lahore.
- 4.17 About US Page
- 4.18 Testimonials Page
- 4.19 Inspirations of the year
- 4.20 Last Year Goals Check :
- 4.21 Goals for 2019
- 5 Trainings Session :
- 6 Paid Post Invitation :
- 7 Your Turn and conclusion
Traffic Summary of AliRaza.co in 2018
First thing first, let’s analyse the traffic received in 2018.
Total Visitors Received in 2018 :
I received a total of 44,365 visitors and 89026 page views in 2018.
Comparison with Visitors Received in 2017 :
Evaluating the performance of this year vs last year helps you finding in either you are going in right direction or wrong, is people do really like what you produce or eventually you are loosing visitors. Let’s evaluate this year performance vs last year :
Critique of Traffic :
- User wise, it’s almost a 53% Increase on YoY Traffic as compared to 2017.
- Page views, Number of sessions and average session per duration increased accordingly.
- However bounce rate is little high yet.
Traffic Channels in 2018
Traffic Channels Comparison : 2017 vs 2018 :
- A 122% Increase in Organic Traffic in YoY is huge.
- Direct visitors reflect my efforts towards personal branding.
- 29% Drop in traffic via Social media channels should not be taken lightly.
- Improve in referral traffic means more people are linking to my blog.
Traffic by Devices
Desktop/Laptop is still the most preferred place to visit my blog, followed by Mobile and then Tablets.
Traffic by Top Countries
- 22% of my traffic is from Pakistan, 21% from US and 12% from India. The comment and engagement i see are also from the people listed in above countries.
Speed Comparison :
YoY, 40% Improvement in Loading time means i’m working on speed and understand the importance of speed.
Most visited pages in the year 2018 :
This list covers the most visited pages in the website.
Top 3 articles in 2018 :
- Best Vlogging Cameras got the first position.
- Learn How to Make Money Online Article got the second position.
- Google Ads Suspension is the third most visited article on this blog.
Let’s have a look on the subscribers to find and analyze where I’m standing as compared to last month. If you are going to start blogging, then forget earnings and this is the place you need to target in. Forget Income, Focus Subscribers, this should be your ultimate goal with blogging.
Below are the updated stats till 31st December 2018.
- Mail Chimp – 700 Subscribers [Thanks to Bloom Plugin.]
- Facebook – 8700 Likes
- Youtube – 956 Subscribers
- Twitter – 477 Followers
- Instagram – 930 Followers.
Thankfully, all social channels subscribers increased and the numbers were in positive, I’m so glad for the love.
Overall, a total of 11,730 people are following me over social media except the following on my personal facebook account which is separate. I’m planning to work on my social media following this year, massively.
Social Media Traffic in 2018
Let’s have a look on the traffic I received from Social Media Traffic, in the year 2018.
Major Observations Regarding Social Media Traffic
- Facebook has always been a constant performer and generating top traffic from me, but this year, the figure is almost at 94%.
- The best performing visitors or in other words, the visitors who spent the most time on my blog are from Youtube, Pinterest and followed by Facebook.
- LinkedIn is the third highest source of traffic for my site.
Articles Published in 2018 [Month Wise]
This is the 200th Post of this blog so far. I have written 78 articles so far in this year, averaging around 6 to 7 articles a month.
In december, I had written 6 articles on my blog. Check Below for details.
A detailed guide on how to promote your fiverr gigs and get more sales.
Do you want to start event blogging? then look no further. This is a 5000 words guide with covering A to Z about event blogging.
This article is a detailed explanation on how to quickly build an Amazon authority website.
You must have seen me on emphasizing the importance of Personal Branding. I had explained in this article on why i’m building a personal brand in 2019.
I have often see that people want to make money from youtube but they need motivation. This article will give you motivation by telling how much money do Youtubers Make and How much Youtube pay to these Youtubers and Vloggers.
Do you want to become a Youtuber in 2019? Then follow this guide.
In November, I had written 12 articles, the details are below.
A detailed article for anyone who is interested in creating or optimising landing pages.
People often get confused with Blog theme selection. My article will explain on the key points you need to consider while selecting the best wordpress theme for your blog.
If you have started Vlogging, then read out this article where I have written some reviews for Nikon Camera for vlogging purposes.
Started Freelancing? Looking for different ways to promote and market your service? Then checkout the article.
Often People get confused on what platform to go with Blogging. This article is perfect for anyone who is searching on the best platform to start blogging with.
I had covered few of the best documentaries to watch on Youtube in 2019 in this article.
Many people start affiliate marketing but get failed very soon. This article explain the key reasons on why every newbie get’s failed.
How to Become a Copywriter [Exclusive Guide]
If you are into copywriting or article writing field, checkout my article.
Want quick money? Looking for different ways to make quick money in one day or even less? Go ahead and read this article.
A pro blogger from India. A successful blogger and entrepreneur, read out his article where he shares his key learnings during his online journey.
Improve your blogging with above 4 tips.
In October, I had written 19 articles, which is all time high for my blog in any particular month.
Mostly people make mistake while using Instagram and Snapchat, checkout this article where I have shared effective strategies to use Snapchat and Instagram.
Do you want Influencer Success? Read out my article.
Do you need a digital voice recorder? Click and check different voice recorder reviews.
I know Youtube is a buzz and everyone is trying to gain more subscribers. Checkout 5 Ways to attract more subscribers.
Russell is a famous niche site owner from India. Learn his article where he explains different strategies and learnings during his journey in Niche site market. Do you know he also sold a website with 18,000 articles? Imagine, can you write 18000 articles?
Social media is becoming a challenge and its not easy to compete their. Checkout on how to keep up with social media marketing.
Around the globe, everyone is searching on how to become a famous blogger but not everyone know’s how one can become. Click the link.
Do you want to grow your Instagram followers? Watch out this article.
Looking for a new gaming monitor? Checkout reviews.
I have discussed reviews of various Ultra Wide monitors in this.
Checkout Best TV Antennas Available in the market.
One of the well known Freelancing Guru in Pakistan. If you want to start freelancing online, he is the guy to follow. Checkout his interview where he have shared his experiences and given awesome tips for freelancers.
If you have trouble in selecting a good blog name and domain, just read out this article.
Don’t get confused in selecting the niche being a freelancer.
Grow your Instagram now.
Everyone want’s to create his own youtube channel but often people get confused on how to and where to start. This is a step by step guide for anyone who is looking to start his own youtube channel.
There are certain things which a person needs to know before starting a Youtube channel, check them now.
Do you know why you should start a youtube channel at this, the very next moment? Checkout.
Looking for best 4k video cameras? check them.
In September 2018, i had written around 14 articles.
Amazon is a world wide famous website. In this article, I have explained on how to make money with amazon.
Why Vlogging? checkout 10 reasons.
Fiverr is an important freelancing platform. Read out how to improve and get more orders on Fiverr.
Trouble in choosing the right freelancing platform? Do you want to start freelancing but don’t know what’s right platform for your services? Then read it out.
A locally made Social media network in Pakistan. I have discussed few of it’s features as well in the article.
A great tool to help newbies/experts who are looking to correct grammatical mistakes in their articles/
A Complete Guide to Reducing the Website’s Bounce Rate – [Old Post Updated]
A detailed guide on importance of bounce rate, how does it function and how you can reduce your site bounce rate.
Digital cameras are the need of hour. Everyone is buying it. Do you want to buy? if yes then check it out.
Shoppingum is a great search engine, primarily made for shoppers to search different products in shopping sites simultaneously.
Do you have a TV? Looking to connect Android TV Box with it? then check it out.
A lot of people start blogging but get failed eventually. Rather focusing on why they failed, they instead stop doing it. This article is for them.
Looking to buy web hosting? checkout the factors you need to know before buying it.
Monthly income report of my blog, sadly it was just 1 in 2018. I also updated my SEMRush review article as well with detailed analysis in this month.
In August, I had written 5 articles.
This is a complete list of top popular bloggers from Pakistan, who are making our good name out there.
Starting a brand with facebook is not easy, checkout this article where I have explained on how to start a brand with a facebook page.
A full fledge detailed guide on Youtube SEO & How to Rank Youtube videos.
Planning to do email marketing?
Want to make money online while being in Pakistan? This post is for you.
In the month of July, i had published 8 Articles on my site.
A detailed guide on creating an effective fiverr gig.
Best Canon cameras for vlogging.
Are you a solopreneur? a person who runs an business? checkout my guide on how to grow.
A list of best DSL-R Lenses to buy for your camera.
A perfect tutorial for anyone who is tight on budget and looking for ways to make money online without investment.
Are you looking to earn from Fiverr? This is a quick in depth article to start freelancing on fiverr.
Looking to buy webcams online? read out then.
Are you fond of instagram? do you regularly take pictures and upload it there? then find out best cameras for Instagram.
In June, I had just 1 article on my blog.
For new startup or existing startup, this is a perfect digital marketing guide.
In this month, there were 2 articles.
If you are like me, who is trying his luck on Youtube and looking for different ways to earn on Youtube, this article is for you.
Looking for a good portable monitor? checkout this article.
3 articles were written in april.
If you are tight on budget and looking to market your business on facebook.
Looking for different Sony vlogging cameras? checkout.
I have compiled a list of cheap and best wordpress hosting companies, then you need to checkout this.
In the month of march, there were 3 articles.
Top Twitter strategies to gain massive followers.
Do you run any business? then checkout my guide.
A detailed guide for using Instagram for digital marketing.
In February, I had written 2 articles.
A perfect guide for anyone looking to become a Blogger.
Doing affiliate marketing? Learn these steps to get more sales.
There were 3 Articles in January
If you are looking to build your own personal brand online, my guide will be helpful.
I compiled a list of best 4k monitors available in the market, do checkout if you plan to buy one.
A comprehensive detailed study on how my 2017 year went.
Most Commented Posts :
In this segment, I cover the popular posts on my blog. [Comment wise]
The top 3 Most Commented Post of 2018 are :
Best Cheap WordPress Hosting Companies– 56 Comments
This post took the 1st position with 56 comments.
How to Make Money Online Without Paying Anything in 2019 – 52 Comments
This post came on 2nd position with 52 comments.
Top & Best Popular Bloggers in Pakistan – [2019 Updated] – 50 comments
The third in line is the Popular Bloggers from Pakistan post. This post has complete details on top performing bloggers from Pakistan.
Trust me, the above numbers are disappointing, why guy’s you don’t comment on my blog? if you are reading it, than I want your comment, i want you to engage with me here. Although this is certainly better then last year, but i need more engagement.
Overall top Commented Posts :
This post got the first position with 127 comments.
I believe because it was a roundup thats why it got such huge engagement.
How To Make Money on Fiverr in 2019? – [A Complete Guide] – 78 comments.
One of my favourite post for freelancers out there. A complete detailed guide for freelancing with fiverr got 3rd position.
Youtube Channel :
As mentioned in my last year goal, on plans to start doing vlogging. [Checkout my How to Start Vlogging Guide]. I have currently 950+ Subscribers. Although I’m uploading videos on both Facebook & Youtube channel for now, but in future, I may prefer to upload on Youtube.
My language for communication is URDU/HINDI for now with only 1 to 2 videos in english.
The niches I’m currently focusing on Youtube are :
- Digital Marketing
I also have uploaded my OLD 2016-17 SEO & PPC Courses online on Youtube as well.
Question of the Month
What’s the no.1 advice you will give to newbies and professionals working online?
Although everyone is great at giving advices and while i believe im no one to suggest or say anything to someone, but still if you value my opinion. My best suggestion will be to build your personal brand online.
This will be one of the best thing you will ever have and you will thank me in the years to come. Checkout Why I’m building a personal brand in 2019.
P.S. Do you want me to answer your question in my next month report? Reach me and ask it!
Physical Training Session Details :
This year, I physically participated at 6 places. Details are as follows.
Master the art of PPC & Google Adwords
[Click here for pictures]
SEO Master Workshop
[Click here for pictures]
Session at Lums, Lahore on Blogging & Vlogging – [I missed it to take pics, my bad]
My bad, I have realised pictures are everything.
Another Session on Blogging @ Lums, University, Lahore.
[Click here for pictures]
Digital Marketing for Newbies at Craddlers Taba
[Click here for pictures]
Session on Blogging & Vlogging at Gujranwala by Ali Raza
[Click here for pictures]
Session on Branding with Blogging at UET, University, Lahore.
[Click here for pictures]
If you want to have sessions or training events in your area or university, please contact me.
About US Page
I have also updated my About us page with latest updates and happenings. Do check it out.
I have also created a testimonial page for my blog, checkout how my blog has made an impact on some of my reader’s life by visiting the testimonials page.
If you have to left a feedback or testimonial, I definitely want to hear, what do you think of my blog? Do pass your testimonial(s)/feedback here.
Inspirations of the year
These are the people who have done something great for the community in 2018.
- Hisham Sarwar – Read out his Interview
- Ankit Singla – Read out his Interview
- Russell Lobo- Read out his Interview
- Abdul Wali – Read out his Interview
Last Year Goals Check :
Projected new posts on Blog :
I planned to publish at least 50 Quality blog posts on my blog and i did 78. So YAYY, I did it.
New Theme :
Yes, I installed a much better and improved theme on my blog. So Yayy, i did this as well. Do you have any suggestion? Do comment.
More Blog Comments :
Yes i had more comments but still I want more. So it’s a neutral.
Question & Answer Segment on my blog :
I planned to have a Q & A segment on my blog which I wasn’t able to. So this goal wasn’t completed.
I wanted to increase my organic traffic by 150%, however i was able to increase it by 122.70%.
Overall Traffic Goal :
I had a goal to increase overall traffic by 100%, but i was only able to increase it by 53%.
Udemy Courses :
I had solid plans for launch on Udemy but i failed.
Goals for 2019
2019 is on it’s way and January is already started. I do have my new year resolutions as well, hope I do pass them. You guys can keep on reminding me, in case if i forget something somewhere.
Let’s be straight and honest, I have so far set following goals for my blog and myself :
- First goal is to work more on branding myself.
- I want to have more visitors on my blog, I’m looking to increase my blog traffic by 100%.
- Organically, I’m looking to increase my traffic by 75% via Search engines.
- I’m also expecting my social traffic to be increased by 25%.
- I plan to create 60 new quality posts.
- I also plan to update my old posts and work on their rankings organically.
- I also plan to produce over 100 new videos on Youtube.
- I’m looking for 25000 Subscribers on Youtube by the end of 2019.
- I want to have around 50000 Followers on Facebook by the end of 2019.
- I plan to launch Social Media Services on my blog.
- I want to train SEO & PPC students internationally this year.
- I plan to launch SEM [SEO & PPC] Services on my blog.
- Article Writing service or Amazon sites is also in the schedule.
- I feel like i have missed black friday and cyber monday deals unlike other bloggers who cash them well.
- I also plan to work on having better backups for my blog.
- There is no webpush notification on my blog, I feel i’m missing traffic due to this.
- I also plan to have a dedicated Facebook Group for this site.
- I plan to have a total of 10 more interviews/roundups on my site this year.
- I need to spend more time on quora for my blog promotion.
Trainings Session :
For those who don’t know, I’m doing two type of online trainings at the moment.
- PPC (Pay Per Click) Training Course (Clicking on the link will take you to the course outline)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Course (Clicking on the link will take you to the course outline)
You can reach me, if you have any questions. Registrations are still open.
Paid Post Invitation :
As always, I welcome companies or individuals to share quality content with my readers through my blog. If you have something worthy to share with my audience, then you are welcome to reach me to discuss on it. Make sure, Your content needs to have a top notch quality. If you also want me to write on a specific topic, do let me know, i will do that on minimal charges. =)
Your Turn and conclusion
With all of the above data, I’m happy to conclude my 2017 year for my blog, it was a great year for me with so much great content, encouragement and obviously such great people and readers visiting it regularly, I owe you guys.
‘Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish’ – Steve Jobs. The success lie’s in continuous improvement, learning out new things, testing and never getting satisfied with what you have. Goals are made to be broken, I know i will break some goals tomorrow but then I will create new goals too and thats how you remain motivated.
Anyway, Thanks for reading my Yearly 2017 Blogging Report, hope it was a good read for you. Hope the 2018 turns out to be even better.. As always, I’m open to criticism, what are your thoughts on my blogging strategy? Did i miss something? What do you want me to add in my monthly or yearly reports article? Every appraisal and criticism is welcome here, please do comment on what you think.
So what are you waiting for? this isn’t a bad earning from a blog and that too, in your part time efforts, So If you are interested in starting a blog for your own or you want to have an online presence, or you as a company want’s to engage your audience with a blog, why don’t you have a look on my tutorial for a complete blogging series which will help you to start your blog in just 15 minutes for a fairly cheap price (the low price is only through my link), For your information, if you will buy 12 months of blog hosting via my Bluehost link you are going to get 1 free domain as well, and the cost is going to be dirt cheap at annual package and it’s fairly easy to earn money from blogging too if you have a self hosted blog and you know how to monetize it well, also if you have bought it from my link and still having troubles, then reach me for a FREE setup, Good luck!